I can't fail again part II

@KeystoneCops @beardless @dbrn32 here are a few pics of what i have… the one on the right i didn’t do any training on or trimming.
the one on the left i bent the fan leaves to allow light to reach the lower branches. i pruned a few fan leaves as well. I pinched the top of it and it never really recovered, the colas on the outside out grow the ones in the center. i am still a little ways from harvest, tris are still mostly clear.

2 Likes

Your end goal should be to get a better light and get proper exhaust. Both will cost, so I have some things that will help in meantime.

Run a scrog. I’m not a huge fan, but if you run a single plant is easiest way to get big yield. Don’t fool around with weaving or tying to screen either. Just keep everything underneath it until its about full. Then go through and pick the colas you’re gonna keep and allow them to grow up through screen a little, prune the rest away. Once you have your canopy started you can flip. About 2-3 weeks into 12/12 you can go through again and defoliate a little and remove any stragglers.

That is the easy route, but not the best route. Going with something like coco or peat that you’re gonna hand feed all the time will help speed up the process. If you’re around to tend to plants daily, way better option than messing around with an amended soil. That would also probably justify moving to a cheap nutrient package too. Probably don’t need 10 gallon pot going that route either, 5 gallon fabric plenty, 7 gallon would be overkill but at least more reasonable. Good growers here grow 3-4 ounce plants in 1 gallon pots no problem.

Don’t mess with any bandaid lights. That hlg-100 will help a little now, but it doesn’t fit into big picture well at all. You’re in UK right? Hit up diyleduk get something like this and be done with it when you’re ready. Spending $100 here and there will just prolong agony and waste money in the long run.

Exhaust doesn’t really matter as long as fan will do the job. There are some gucci ass inline fans available, but those are feature packed. If you don’t need an uber efficient and quiet inline fan, get a cheap one. That will help the temps but more importantly make sure you have good enough air exchange to keep co2 levels up. Depleted co2 will kill your yields just as fast as poor lighting.

1 Like

No im not in the UK i am in the states.
Question then about light. what would be a good light for a 2x4, that is what i am going to next, but that will be a while down the road. can i use a light in the 3x3 that will work with the 2x4?
I will back down on the pot size then. but then I am lost with soil then. I know nothing about coco fiber. I have been a homesteader for years. I know how to grow things in the grown. but where i live its not legal to grow so i have to grow inside. I have learned so much by reading the forum but i get a head spin when it comes to the nutes. ILGM just seemed eazy to me. I am willing to learn but i have no one to teach me, thats why i am here to hopefully learn more, and become a better grower. I want max yield with max potency. that is what i am going for. i wont be starting for a couple weeks, but i need to get started prepping now. these girls will be done here in a little bit and i want to move my next grow up as fast as i can cause i have a sick feeling i am not going to have enough to get me through another cycle.
if some one want to hold my hand and walk me through a grow from beginning to end, teaching me how to do the different nutes and how to trim (honestly you lost me, maybe im just stoned and i need to return tomorrow and try again) and train, when to flip when to harvest, how to harvest, what can you do with the pieces that you trim off, or can you do anything with them, are they just trash? there is so much i don’t know and its killing me. i feel like a freaking criminal, therefor i am really cautious in who i talk to and who i tell about what i do. i am not trying to grow for anybody but me. and i am soooo paranoid about going to jail, never been, dont ever want to go, but i know that is part of the game i am playing now. but i don’t have anyone local that i can talk to or request help from. so i bought a vpn, learned about private browsing and here i am. trying to find what i can on the internet. I have read the grow manuals, i have read blogs, i have read so much until its a blur. but anybody that wants to lend a brother a hand it would be amazing. @KeystoneCops

1 Like

@dbrn32 didn’t mean to get all drawn out there, but dang i feel like every turn i hit some sort of brick wall and all i want is some good bud to some. its the only thing that helps the migraines. I smoke more than i need too, but i enjoy it as well.

1 Like

Why are you moving from 3x3 that you have to 2x4? There are lights available that you could use in either, but none I would say are great in one that would be great in another.

Sorry about the UK, I must’ve confused you with someone else. Happens a lot lol.

Nutrients are nutrients, as long as you’re providing what the plant needs name on bottle means very little. Just need to keep them green.

He should aim to buy an HLG 260 XL R-spec (when funds become available).

1 Like

It just barely fits in 3x3 that’s proper, most aren’t. And heatsink will tear sides under negative pressure.

the 3x3 is to small for 2, and the 2x4 looks like i can get 2 plants there. I am actually thinking about using both tents so i can grow 3 … again this is down the road. right now i have limited space so the 3x3 will have to do.

1 Like

It’s a square tent, 1, 4, or 9 makes the most sense. Not really any difference in yield potential either way, just don’t veg plants as long with 4. 9 would be a trip if it wasn’t done from small clones, you’re not there yet. 4 in a screen to keep them level would be easy. You could probably even remove screen after flipped.

1 Like

I went with a Mars TSL-2000 in my 2ish by 3ish space. It does the job pretty well. Especially if you are growing a single plant. I kinda think back and say I should have ordered two ts-1000, or two of the cheaper brands on Amazon. With the tsl you pretty much are set at one height. If you move a younger plant in, with multiple lights you can adjust the height as needed around each girl.

“screen” is that the SCROG net thing? i have no idea what i just said saw it on a thread and i think i figured it out but not sure.

DB i am so green… to many puns just fill in the blank… seriously i am a pretty good study. like i said i learned a lot from that mr spy thread from 2018. I was searching for grow journals for purple haze and stumbled onto it and saw you and i kept reading cause you had replied here. i just don’t know what to do. somebody help me please… i wish there was a way i could private message someone, that would be awesome.

1 Like

@BigCountry74 But when you PM us others can’t learn too!

1 Like

Thanks, someone else mentioned the tsl2000 and i have looked at it. infact i have it in my wishlist on amazon. but i am keeping my options open for now.

1 Like

thats true, and that is a very good point.

2 Likes

We will all help you. Doing it through PM will just limit the help you get to whenever I’m around.

Screen of green=scrog, definitely one of those net things lol.

1 Like

it does a pretty darn good job. But I just added a red carambola panel (also an amazon/ebay buy) and it seemed to help my girls bulk up a good bit more than the last runs without.

so DB shouls i start a new thread for that or keep it here?
I need to get on it with ordering supplies so i need to get started. maybe i use ILGM nutes the next grow but i can learn what nutes to get and have them ready for the grow after… i don’t know whats best.

1 Like

The Mars lights do not offer a good value, compared to the HLG at this time. It could be because they upgraded from Epistar to Samsung LEDs, or it could be supply chain issues due to COVID. Or maybe they are just capitalizing on demand. These value propositions change constantly.

@BigCountry74 I’d like to see you start taking notes. In this thread we’ve circled back to the same things a few times. Make a plan on paper, and update the plan as things happen. I like helping you plan this out, but I don’t enjoy repeating myself. Can you tell my kids have been home for 3 years of quarantine?

2 Likes

what is that? i feel like its a light but what is carambola?

Stay here. When you start the grow start a new journal.

1 Like