I can't fail again part II

You can use either light for an entire cycle, but most people will run a 4k during veg and 3k during flower; consensus is that if you can only buy one light, you should buy a 3k. There are a small number of growers that run 4k sprout to harvest, and they report that it brings out unique terms. Some people supplement with 4k during the final weeks of flower.

In your position I would but a 3k if available. You could buy a 65w 4k to veg your next cycle.

Thanks bunches! What is your feeling on exhaust fan? I have to keep my tent door open cause it gets to hot, I am running 2 fans, one is at the closet door that is cracked open and the fan is bringing in cool air from the ac vent just out side the door. The other fan is inside the tent. My temps if I was to close the tent is in the low 80s with it open and my fans set the way they are I have been able it lower the temp to 71-75 degrees and the humidity is between 40 and 53%. Just wishing I could cool it down with out having to leave it open. Any ideas?

Can you move the tent out of the closet? Closets are tough to ventilate unless you can make some ducting modifications.

I will have to look into thatā€¦I have keep it on the downlow

Can you run a duct from the closet through one of its walls, perhaps to an attic or basement? I realize that requires skills, time, and ownership of the building.

Keystone, i own, i have the skills, no basement, no attic. I am going to move the tent into my bedroom, i got permission from the boss so my next grow will not be in the closet. I donā€™t want to move them right now espcecially since things are going really well. the buds are getting really big and they still have 6 weeks of flower left. i am getting so excited!.

1 Like

the hlg lights are hard to find on amazon for me anyways. there are lots of lights out there and trying to narrow it down is getting very confusing. i found a light by VIPARSPECTRA series p1500 and it appears to be similar to the hlg. what should i be looking for when looking for lights if i canā€™t find hlg?

Samsung and Osram LEDs, fanless design, dimmer function, >2.4 umol/j efficiency

ok so the mars hydro ts 1000w would be a good choice? or the other one i mentioned.
i see really good ratings on both of them. i am prepping from my next grown when these girls are doneā€¦ i want to get everything i need in advance so i can start off with the right lights and such. i havenā€™t looked at these style lights before i normally look at cob lights but these seem to be better lights for sure. my next grow will be purple haze and chocalope. i hope to be getting some new seeds soon, going to try the premium mix pack with gold leaf, cal dream, and cronic widow i think. but until then i only have purple haze, chocalope and GSCE to play with.

Remind me again of the dimensions of your tent.

3x3x and i think the height is 6ft
i am leaning hard to the hlg 100, i am concerned about the flower coverageā€¦

Idk know anything about lights really but I think these are new from viparspectra. They might close to hlg 100.

Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA 2020 New Pro Series P1500 LED Grow Light with Upgraded SMD LEDs(Includes IR), Full Spectrum and Dimmable Function for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg Flower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083JVY569/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vKL7EbG1XTQ9Z

yes i would agree they are newer, but after what i have been reading and watching in videos, i think the hlg 100 is better, and better priced for my budget. i think i would need 2 of the hlg 65 4k. but i am still learning hear so i canā€™t say i know anything.

In my veg tent 4x4 I use hlg 100v2 3k and 4K
I might upgrade to hlg 260xl

Are you using one for veg and one for flower? I am having to stay inside budget here so i need 1 light to rule them allā€¦lol

No I have 550 for flower

why so many lights? educate me pleaseā€¦ i need to learn as much as i can.

I canā€™t really help Iā€™m kinda newb. But maybe @dbrn32 has time

I have a couple tents. Original I was going to 1 for veg and one for flower but then I found out that the 100 didnā€™t put out enough like light for my size so I bit the bullet and bought a 550 and used both 100 in the veg

The Mars Hydro TSW 1000 is a good light, but wonā€™t flower a 3x3ā€™ canopy. Youā€™d need to buy the TSW 2000. Good light. Good value. It isnā€™t as efficient as the HLG 260 V2, but it might put out more light at a lower initial price.