I can't fail again part II

@KeystoneCops your right… i got really excited i need to calm down and take a breath.
the only thing that i had thought of was to hang them in the tent to dry, just leaving it dark and temp controled, that was the plan but now that i am thinking about this im torn as to harvest the onese i think are ready and leave the others be… or just leave them all be and let them get darker while the rest are turning more cloudy. if i harvest now, the only place i have to dry them would be in a closet. i don’t know what else i could use. anything outside is really hot like in the 90s with 60 pluse humidity… i don’t want to hang it in the shed i think it would be to hot. any suggestions.

Most people will start with a very large cardboard box. Every drying setup will be slightly different because you’re fighting the native environment. If it was me, I’d try to get to 60f, 60% humidity, good air circulation, and really dark. And clean. So so so clean.

But I also know people who throw it onto chicken wire racks in their garage…

I’d go another week probably at least. When I look I see mostly cloudy, maybe a few tops with some amber.

Drying is still something I have to get better with. I’m in the desert drying in 80+ degree 10-20% humidity usually. So far my results aren’t bad, but I think a slower drying process than 2-3 days would help bring out some more flavor.

1 Like

its a lot of work but you expecially in the dessert but you can dig a root cellar and belieave it or not the temp down there around 6 feet or so is about 50 degrees.

Hey @KeystoneCops i went back and read this thread and reread the parts about the lights. the one i have now has 2 light burned out on it already… so i am going to have to invest in one. After reading everything i went with the the mars hydro tsw2000 only because it was a little cheaper and more accessible.

How much did it cost?

It’s a powerful light. I’d have to look at recent testing on the latest model to see how good (efficient) it is at being powerful. @dbrn32 is the person who knows best.

1 Like

I agree with the others. Make sure you are going by trichs on buds too, a couple of those pics are leaves.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise!

1 Like

Howdy @KeystoneCops @dbrn32 @ItsPat @beardless ok its been another week i see more cloudy but still not all of them. tell me what you think. I think then need more time.

1 Like

The glandular heads are just about 4x4 pixels in those pictures. There’s no way to tell. You really need optical magnification.

1 Like

I would go another week at least, I’m not really seeing any amber but the majority look nice and cloudy, so you could start flushing basically at any point, depending on effects your after.

1 Like

You are on the right spot but like @KeystoneCops it is hard to say for sure. Hard to differential clear / cloudy but then again, I have a hard time when I am using my USB scope too. No ambers are jumping out at me. I don’t think you will ever get to all cloudy. A majority cloudy, with some clear and amber is what I look for. I have to cut a sample of a calyx off the bud to take a good look. First with my USB scope and then verify with my Carson.

2 Likes

Yep. Or if you have a tripod maybe you can get the scope in there without removing any material. The USB scopes are really inexpensive.

1 Like

yes they are and i have plans on getting one, just other expenses have taken priority

@KeystoneCops @dbrn32 @beardless @ItsPat so plant 1 is really looking bad… lots of yellow dry leaves… i am watering everyday cause it drinks it up. so after looking at it more i decided today was the day… so here is plant 1

i think some of these are already dry enough to smoke… the stem got crimped on a couple and the are all dry. but plant 2 still standing i will cut it later today… had to go to work

3 Likes

i think i am going to have to hang up another rope line cause i don’t think i have enough room for the other plant on here.

the temp in my drying room is around 71 degrees and humidity is around 50… does this sound like good conditions?

1 Like

ok here is the second plant. it had smaller buds on it, they are prettier but smaller.

no idea on weight i didn’t think to weigh it until just now.

2 Likes

Congrats on the harvest. If you can get temp a little cooler and rh up 5-10% would slow your dry down some. But not the worst conditions I’ve seen.

2 Likes