I CANNOT figure out what’s going on here

This is what’s going on in my veg. I’ve tried everything and the problem keeps persisting. Can anyone help me?
Photos
Purple punch, grape stomper, banana breath
74°
HP Pro mix
RO water
6.3 PH
Cyco veg A&B
50% RH

2 Likes

Have you been watching the ph numbers in and out? Is there a possibility that you are overwatering?

2 Likes

Ph is a little high for what i liked in promix hp/bx, i liked it better 5.8-6. Unfamiliar with your nutrients though, are you checking ph and ppm in and out? Also wondering what your feeding and watering schedule is?

2 Likes

Jinx haha

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s not a watering issue. I’ve been growing for almost 5 years now and I’ve never had this happen before. My PH comes out a little high sometimes but nothing to be alarmed about.

2 Likes

I’m glad you showed up I’m not that familiar with coco stuff other than reading about it. I try not to jump in to help unless no one else is around so by all means jinx away lol

4 Likes

Just looking at it I’m seeing clawing which is normally a sign of root issues like over or under watering rot bugs etc. But can be to much N as well which ties the yellowing up top to a excess of N

The yellowing with brown spots around the bottoms is normally a over or under feeding of calcium and or magnesium these have to be in balance because they work together to much or to little of one or both can show as deficiency of one the other or both

As db said ph above 6 in hydro can start locking different nutrients

So in a nut shell I’m thinking to much food or a ph issue causing a food problem

2 Likes

The stuff i used is pretty much straight peat with coarse perlite. It’s kinda like coco but seems to hold water longer. When i got fed up with fox farms switched to it and struggled because i was treating same as soil. Promox has series of videos on YouTube that could you up to speed on using it if you are interested.

3 Likes

Ok i had a look on the internet about ur plants problem there are a number of things that could be causing this 1: is under watering and over watering 2: is iron deficiency which could mean its a ph problem either with ur water or ur medium 3: is nitrogen deficiency or toxicity 4: magnesium def so the thing i would say flush ur plant check ph of ur medium and adjust ur water ph to 5.8-6.0 then have a look at ur feeding schedule u may need to feed more or less .sorry i cant be much more help then that but i hope it helps in some way

2 Likes

So I went to transplant this morning and found these!

:tired_face::skull_and_crossbones::tired_face::skull_and_crossbones::tired_face::scream: Yikes What the he!! ?

2 Likes

@Cowboy88 is that the same plant you have clawing on

Oh geese, are they in the soil or on the plant, how magnetized is that pic… hard to tell, is it like a long fly

No bueno

Found a pic of something called “Root Aphids”
Great, another monster in my dreams…Lol

2 Likes

Omgosh im so sorry. Gives me nightmares seeing these organisms up close :laughing:

1 Like

@Lacewing has a good handle on these types of things. Don’t know if he is around much anymore. Worth a try

Those critters in thy roots you say?

I haven’t seen Lace around since before the holidays. He’s been missing and missed because he knew the bugs

2 Likes

Aphids would make sense, damage often appears as nutrient issue. Number of ways you can go about dealing with them.

1 Like