I broke the first rule

@toker78 don’t be so down on your current grow. I’ve grown beauties with MG. Just pay attention to what the plant tells you throughout your grow. You’ll be fine.

7 Likes

If your tap water has fluoride in it, you definitely need a filter that will remove it. You should be able to obtain a water report from your Water Company. Unless you will be using a RO filter, you really should know exactly what is in the water.

1 Like

I never use it, but why does Mirical Grow get such a bad rap? Any harsh weed was a direct result of MG. I know it’s way too strong for other houseplants. Just wondering. I’m not for or against using it.

3 Likes

Time released nutrients.

Or people look for something to blame their grow on….

7 Likes

Sometimes they say ph crashes too.

Although everyone LOVES Fox Farm it also crashes and starts of HOT AF lol

2 Likes

Cannabis likes nitrogen dominant nutrition in vegetation stage and then once flowering starts it needs less nitrogen and higher potassium and phosphorus. Miracle grow does not adjust to the changing needs. That’s why cannabis designed soils only feed for 4 to 6 weeks. It lets you take over for changing nutrition requirements. Now because each plant is different in what they want for food, miracle grow does ok for some plants. Some growers have learned how to supplement for the changing needs as well.

6 Likes

I thought you was gonna say you talked about fight club :joy:

2 Likes

Yes you did, and it is called NEGATIVITY.
Why not HOPE for the best to result from the lessons you learn.
Plants will respond to your care.
Before FFarms we had MG, and still grew weed.
Unbelievable how we grow now with LEDs, FFsoils,Milar-Tents, and this FORUM.
Good vibes to you and good growing as you live and learn.
I concur with @Spiney_norman and @Fieldofdreams [quote=“Fieldofdreams, post:25, topic:96010”]
Although everyone LOVES Fox Farm it also crashes and starts of HOT AF lol
[/quote]. I love big seedling leaves for starting veg cycles. The PH crashing is a killer, but dolomite lime will help.

6 Likes

Make sure of this also!!! @toker78

1 Like

As @Spiney_norman saying using mg you don’t want to feed them anything in veg then you flip lights feed with potassium and phosphorus you don’t want to give any nitrogen

1 Like

I am glad you are around. I grow in MG exclusively with great success, the process is dependable and repeatable. I have none of the issues that they do with FF, tried that stuff once the results were terrible. I have tried to give my experience in the past the responses were not what I would call welcoming as I was called one of those guys. One of these days I may post a grow journal, just to show new growers how simple and inexpensive this can be.

7 Likes

Before FF we had MG and good weed, just saying.
What a shock having to learn to recover PH and FF soil crashing issues.
Living and learning, a good thing.
Good growing to you.

2 Likes

I got the water filter and it is amazing! My PPM id down from 375 to just 3 and my EC is 0006! I’m letting the filter do its thing. . . here’s my question now… I’m gonna test the runoff pH & PPM… should i let the pot drip for a bit before collecting a sample to test? since the first of the frow through is bound to be higest?

2 Likes

Girl #1 she’s the one with the calmag issue

girl #2 is my rock star! she’s got so many bud sites!

girl #3 I think is gonna be a late bloomer… she’s a slower grower than her sisters.

2 Likes

I like to water slowly until some run off just starts, and wait a hour or so. Then water to a steady run off, and check what first comes out.

1 Like

I’ve used MG x2 organics potting soil for 4 grows in a row. Not as “hot” as the regular MG. Never had a problem.

The “concern” is mainly for seedling stage and as a precaution, I just don’t drop the pH down in watering for the first 3 weeks so it doesn’t take up as many nutrients. Easy peasy.

4 Likes

im a complete novice grower, but
I transplanted a seedling into a miracle grow mix once (it was all I had on hand) It was struggling in its current soil then took right off in the MC mix. It wasnt by any means an award winning grow. It was an auto and ended up yielding 4.7 oz. I had chalked it down as a lose so I was happy. I hope it works out and you end up with satisfying results.

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

here are the numbers on my MG wonder crop.

all 3 ladies got around 3 quarts of calmag water at about ¾ strength
PPM 145
EC 0147
pH 6.0

all the runoff was about the same 20oz

Plant #1 out
PPM 3600
EC 7100
pH 5.0

Plant #2
PPM 3500
EC 7000
pH 5.0

Plant #3
PPM 4000
EC 7300
pH 4.9

2 Likes

this is exactly what I’m wanting to know.

2 Likes