I broke the first rule

My first grow and I made the biggest mistake right off the gun. Miracle Grow… They’re in week four since sprouting and doing incredibly well but I know that once they flower things are going to go down hill… I’ve gotten the full line of Fox Farms nutrients and a new medium for my next grow but can I use any of these nutrients to help get the most out of this doomed grow?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Growmie. Do you have a PH and TDS pen? Checking the run of PPMs with the TDS pen will let you know the nutrients in the medium. Tagging a Grow Bro that has mastered MG. @NUG61 can you offer some advice and suggestions for a new Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Do you have pics of the doomed grow ,you can use worm castings and organic compost to help ur doomed grow and some bat guano or sea bird guano if u have seaweed liquid or seaweed meal that will help aswell .but i would leave ur nutrients for ur new grow

1 Like

I do have the pH and TDS meters. I know the tap water I’ve been using is off the charts in PPM but I have a filter should be arriving today. I’m not sure how much I trust my pH meter (I’ve got a better more expensive one ordered as well. but if it’s to be trusted I’m keeping my water between 6.0 and 6.5

I do have a bag of worm castings i bought before deciding on straight up coco coir and perlite for my next grow.

girl number 1 has had some minor issues.

it’s only on a couple of the older fan leaves and everything I’ve read suggested a calcium deficiency so i gave her a half dose of calmag. It dosen’t seem to be spreading but opinions and guidance is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I would add 3ml of calmag every watering. Do those buckets have holes in the bottom for drainage and are you watering to run off. The issue most growers have with MG is the time released nutrients. Check the run off PPMs so you’ll know what’s going on below the surface and try and stay consistent with a PH of 6.5, I’m pretty sure MG doesn’t buffer this. Pretty big difference between 6.0 and 6.5 :love_you_gesture: post a pic in clear light, they’re looking pretty good from what I could see in the pics and I wouldn’t add any additional nutrients or amendments like the worm castings as this will add nitrogen and MG is usually loaded with this. Those run off numbers will tell you when it’s time to add nutrients and where your soil PH is

3 Likes

They’re due for a drink today. I’m waiting on the water filter to be delivered. My tap water has a PPM 375 and an EC .74. I hope to get those numbers down.

Thanks for the advise! :grinning:

1 Like

Your tap TDS is considerably high but not a killer. what’s the PH :love_you_gesture:

right out of the tap the pH is between 8.1 & 8.3.

I think my house is at the end of city water line so i get all the crap. lol

1 Like

The filter you’ve got coming should help with the TDS and I use GH PH down to adjust the PH. Keep me posted Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

3ml of cal mag every watering (per gallon?) also do you ad cal mag throughout flowering or just veg. Thank you

1 Like

@Mjm697 Add cal mag for entire grow

1 Like

Lol how much???

1 Like

Most brands of calmag are 3-5 ml. I would go with 3ml unless it gets worse then bump that up :love_you_gesture:

Per gallon???

Thank you

1 Like

Yes per gallon :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

MG potting mix is ok in my book.

7 Likes

@toker78, @Mjm697, Here is a couple tips for using liquid cal/mag.
Always put the cal/mag in first, (Unless you are also using silica, then use it first).
Some liquid cal/mag wants to bead up and sinks to the bottom of the container, and is difficult to mix. Use a solo cup, and fill it a little over halfway with the water you are using. Put the cal/mag in this, and stir like heck with a stir stick, before putting it back in the water.

3 Likes

You can grow good cannabis with MG soil but a couple of things to be aware of:

Concentrated salts in the medium can never be rinsed (flushed) away. Plants will either have to adapt or die in that soil.

PH is usually very low in MG soil: like 3.0. You may have to top dress with something like dolomite lime to buffer the PH higher.

Flavor of dried flower may be affected due to the harsh salts present in the soil. An extended flush may be necessary.

I don’t think you will want to supplement with anything other than PH’d water and cal mag.

5 Likes

Request a line flush, tell them you have noticed a change in taste and smell.
I not only live at the end of the line but the very end of the entire water system that goes through 3 towns before out to us. TDS your tap before and after to see if it helped :metal:

1 Like