I broke off a budd branch, and then taped it lol

So I was bending the branches to cause a lil stress and have them get stronger and ig it was a bit much. (Lesson learned) anyways it was hanging by a thread, just duct taped around it and yup, ig this is it. What would happen if it doesn’t grow back? It’ll still be fine right? Opinions/advice?

should I just remove the duct tape and assume that branch should go… it was hanging by just the skin of the plant and it’s limping already

I added more duct tape so that the broken piece was firmly against the main trunk. Just hope it heals and if not just remove that branch?

the whole left side that was broke off is limping like it is

It’s kind of like graphing a plant. If it didn’t dry up already it is technically possible but I couldn’t tell you the likelihood of it working. I know duct tape isn’t the best thing to use but we work with what we got.

1 Like

Okay, gonna just go ahead and let it try and heal :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Worst case scenario is that the branch dies. Next time do some cloning practice lol.

I have heard of using grafting compound to help heal a break but duct tape made me literally laugh out loud!!! Perhaps some nylon gardening tape would be a better choice…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hey if you can’t duct it…lol

1 Like

Dude, you are awesome!!! Friggin duct tape that B…!!!

1 Like

I’m gonna die if it works haha.

1 Like

I betcha 10-1, she makes it. If she does, you have a great story to tell your bro’s when smoking!!!

1 Like

Yea keep that branch sperate when you harvest so when you are having a bad day, you can smoke those buds and remember that good things can happen from a crap situation.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Enough jokes… HST is supposed to be kinda’ great if done right. Super cropping. I see videos of guys wrenching the crap out of branches… enough to make me sick to my stomach. Flash forward… HUGE plant loaded with buds. Only LST for me. I am a Noob

I broke 2 this year. Really low near the ground. I believe its best to do the LST during veg. I used electrical tape and it worked great.

2 Likes

Also honey has some kind of natural healing compounds. Works excellently repaid reefer plants. N dont forget the mighty aloe plants. Add some natural mend to it

And stop beating your girls up so much lol. Not that I have any room to talk after I just drowned my girl.

1 Like

I did that to my Blue Dream plant early in flower. I was crushed! Moistened it, duct taped it and carried on with no problems! If the end didnt dry out you may be good!

2 Likes

Bahahahahahaha!!! I mean, I am laughing cause… who knew!!!

Does the industrial glue not leech into the plant?? Asking for a friend … :joy::joy:

Honey. Aloe. Nuff said :man_shrugging:t5: