I bred seeds, what would be the thc of them?

Hi all. Not sure if right forum but it seems to be the only one under the category I am looking into.
If I breed two plants by turning one to make male pollen and use that to pollinate another lady strain successfully, what “roughly” would be the resulting thc of the new strain?
the turned male is about 21 - 24% the female I pollinated is about 20% .

Will most be in the 20% mark?

PS: I have just germinated 6 of them and waiting for their heads to pop up.

1 Like

By turn one, do you mean herm?

Nah, I used colloidal silver to make a female produce pollen sacks and then I used the pollen on another lady to make seeds. I have germinated some of the seeds and now waiting them to grow. One has 20% - 24% the other strain is about 20%. wondering if it can be estimated what the thc would be in the new girls I just germinated.

1 Like

THC percentages are more about environmental conditions and a proper nutrients at the right timing. Genetics does play a role in inheriting THC percentages from their parents, but environment still plays a bigger role.

In my opinion THC is not everything, it’s all about cabinoids and terpenes how they affect everyone individually.

5 Likes

OK, thank you. I feel they are in good conditions as most of my girls have reached maturity with some nice dense buds, both parents so I can anly guess that it would be pretty close to the parents thc.

I can not send in for testing as I am not in an area that would allow this. I am presuming there is test kits you can buy, again in my area I can not.

2 Likes

imossible to say. If you breed 2 separate plants you will get genetic diversity. You will also get phenotypes which are the various ways offspring can express themselves. Some of the seed may produce plants with no high, and great smell, some will be tall and others not so much. Smell can vary quite a bit too! Thc and cbd will not be the same for every seed even from the same mom. In fact, clones can produce different thc and cbd amounts due to different environments and feed programs. Large operators grow clones fed from the same souce with identical lighting and temperature etc, so they can expect some consistency.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower said it best. You could have seeds from the best weed with the highest thc content in the world and grow them under shit conditions and end up with a very low thc content.

3 Likes

More importantly, he said terpines and cannabinoids have a lot to do with how weed works on people. Honestly, super high thc levels with low or no cbd can make me feel really sick, I get ultra paranoid! Its why I like to grow old school weed. Ancient strains are not always but usually better balanced in the thc/ cbd department. Many of the new drug strains are bread for pure power, might be good for some but not me.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s totally true. An my dad would definitely agree with you about liking the old school strains for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Im super excited about these Johaar sativas from the Himalayas. Old school hand rub hash plant!
They grow like Thai but with shorter leaf fingers.

1 Like

They look nice for sure! I usually try to avoid growing Sativas especially for my outdoor guerilla grows because they tend to take longer to flower and the fall comes quick here where I live and mold can be a big problem sometimes unfortunately. But in controlled conditions like yours they are really nice to grow!

2 Likes

well I live in Southern interior of BC. Im pretty much the only person I know of that even tries to grow sativas lol. Ive had some pretty good luck growing Mexican up here. But its a bit of a stretch due to light shortage in the fall. Dont get the bulk they do in Cali but the weed is still very good. The cold tends to bring out the autumn colors too whichnis quite nice.

1 Like

Some poly tunnel weed last fall.

2 Likes

Yeah same with the falls here, Im in New England near the border of Canada so our weather might be sort of similar. And as long as it doesn’t frost the plants grow okay without mold and the cold temps can turn them nice and purple

1 Like

wow! That must be beautiful there! Is weed legal?

1 Like

Those look pretty good man!
Here’s a link to my grow journal I started the other day if you want to check it out. It’s for a outdoor guerilla grow site that I’m going all out this year with. There will be about 20 plants at this site if they all survive.

Yeah weed is legal here recreationally but it’s limited on how much you can grow so that’s why I continue to do what my dad taught me, and that’s guerilla growing😁

1 Like