I bought some Do Si Dos

I bought some feminized Do Si Dos seeds. How can I tell if they are auto or not?

1 Like

Do you have the package they came in? If not around week 4-6 you’ll know. If they start flowering under any other light schedule than 12/12ish their autos :love_you_gesture:

1 Like
1 Like

I have received the package, but I haven’t seen it yet. I know that sounds weird. The seeds are waiting for me at my summer home. I will be growing outdoors in a greenhouse. I have a little experience with cannabis. I grew some in 1984, so I consider myself a newb. I hope they are autos. I understand they are an easy grow. I need something easy coming out of the gate.

:point_up_2: not necessarily. Autos have this reputation due to the lighting schedule and avoiding light leaks that could hermie the plant. The down side to autos is 1 mistake or issue can set the plant back, stalling and leading to stunted growth before the flower period kicks in. You definitely have to have the environmental conditions and nutrients dialed in :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I hope the seeds are autos. I understand autos are the best plants for beginners. I need easy. :wink:

Autos being easier is a myth, unfortunately. They can be more sensitive to nutrient levels and you have no control over when they flower and are thus more difficult to train. They are more twitchy than photos in general. They are better for experienced growers who have learned how to tightly control the environment and who also understand what they can get away with and what they cannot.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this.

Do you have a screenshot of the order that you placed? That should do it.

Wow. The more I learn, the more apprehensive I become. Growing cannabis seems so complicated. I think I’ll be okay growing in a greenhouse. I’m growing in the Eastern Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. The summers are warm but not too hot. Humidity may be an issue, but I’ll probably be able to deal with it.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the order I placed or the seed package for that matter. I had the seeds sent to my summer home in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I haven’t been out there recently. Probably soon. All I know for sure is the seeds are Do Si Dos feminized. I chose those seeds for that strains reputation of high THC content. I want some zombie smoke.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much. The grow will probably be fine. You might have a more steep learning curve. You seem pretty smart and should do fine.

1 Like

I too thought autos were easy… wrong… i find that photos are way more easy than autos. Like someone said above, one wrong move can set you back. Photos are way more forgiving than autos. Im on my last round of autos now and have photos in veg ready to go into flower as soon as the autos are done. You will get more yield and better quality out of photos. As far as a faster harvest with autos… thats a myth too… ive had autos go 10 to 12 weeks after flower. Id rather put my energy towards photos. Just my 2 cents. Here is 2 autos that are in week 8 and i still have about 3 weeks to a month to go…

It’s a good point. Both autos and photos are capable of completing flowering (disregarding veg time) at 8 to 10 weeks. Both photos and autos are sexually mature and capable of flowering at some point between 4 and 7 weeks. If you want a photo to finish as “fast” as an auto, simply flip the photo to 12/12 sooner.

2 Likes

What about the confirmation email receipt or simply log back into your account?

Autos are good for outdoors in areas where the weather turns crap in September, like Vancouver area! I got really lucky this fall in that we didn’t get rain from July to near the end of October, and I was able to harvest my outdoor photos before they got mold.

Last year (2021) my next door neighbour grew 2 plants in his greenhouse, they didn’t finish budding and he ended up chucking them. From now on, I’m starting some autos April/May inside and moving them outside so they finish late August.

Photos for inside tho!

Here is a better pic of the Banana Kush ( taller ) and G13 Autos. Week 8 and we have barely started to turn the pistils.

1 Like