I bought an Ardent FX and fearful

My FX finally arrived and I don’t know what to do :laughing: I bought coconut oil, olive oil, unsalted butter, beeswax and mta oil or something like that along with some everclear. I have a couple ounces of trim ready to be put to use.

I’d like to make my wife some everyday salve to use as a moisturizer at the very least and possibly loose some joints here and there. My daughter had breast cancer and I’m pretty sure she could use some too.

I’m also looking for a better alternative to several bong hits during the day like a tincture, or bringing it into my diet.

Anyone know how much trim to decarb for a topical cream that actually works? I’ll be using a 5:1 ratio of coconut oil and beeswax. Maybe some Shea at a later time, but my goal is 6 ounces of cream. Maybe it will clear up acne and remove wrinkles too. Lol

1 Like

@AfgVet anything you can help with?

3 Likes

Have you looked at ardents web page? they are constanly sending me e-mails about how to make this or that, but I’ve never looked yet.

2 Likes

Wish I could help but I don’t have any experience with them. I extract rather than infuse

2 Likes

Yeah; just bought a Source Turbo and enjoying it.

@pedally kind of depends on the potency of the flower. If using trim; that’s a 5 to 1 ratio over flower. So likely 2 oz of trim would work out to roughly 1/2 oz of flower. Not really sure how the machine of yours works but looks like it would be best for extracting with oil rather than alcohol.

Alcohol or QWET (stands for Quick Wash Ethanol Tincture) extraction is typically done cold, unless specifically for topical use. That typically soaks for a long time at room temp with the idea being you want everything soluble to be extracted from the plant material and don’t really care about things like chlorophyll. You DO care if smoking it haha.

4 Likes

I’ve been making salve for my husbands brother in law and he said it has been amazing (he has something similar to Impetigo). I use concentrate though… if you’re interested in how to make it see my blog below.

1 1/2 C Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Beese Wax pillets
1/2 t clove oil
1 t Vitamin E oil
3g THC concentrate (from decarboxylated weed)
2g THCA concentrate (from non-decarboxylated weed)

Melt all together on VERY low heat and pour into a container. goes on SUPER smooth. It’s drying up his sores and has almost gotten rid go the inflammation.

3 Likes

I don’t want to get in trouble for naming a product. I want help in getting established in using it. Other websites are good for tracking down info but I’m looking for help and thought someone would be knowledgable. Don’t need to ruffle terms of service

1 Like

@pillsbury I have great recipes from the site but I’m not looking for readable recipes that call for CBD Isolate. I don’t even know what that is. I have green that should be brown, but how much for what?
Trolling for recipes and hacks.

1 Like

Highly appreciative @Caligurl but I’m just getting into having something usable, not concentrated yet. One step at a time

1 Like

Ah didnt know the T stood for tincture… I’ve used the acronym Qwest many times to … @Myfriendis410 you know just about everything … lol I swear

2 Likes

Coconut oil is the best for substituting for shortening and butter because it can hold more (pull out more(thc). It’s perfect for the salve

I would use at LEAST 10g of decarboxylated weed for the 1 1/2 cups coconut oil… then just follow the recipe above. Just eliminate the THCA concentrate. That’s made from non decarboxylated weed

3 Likes

@Caligurl Much appreciated. Thank you :sparkling_heart:

Last run of coconut oil I get 120oz about wa gallon of oil to 400 grams of trim… worked good didnt squeeze anything has like no taste but works good tinted green there was very lil water and chlorophyll at the bottom when it cooled
@Caligurl your recipe is 16oz to10g of bud
Mine is 3oz to 10 grams the bud to trim ratio is about 4 or 5 to 1 that’s 15oz to 50g that’s over 5 to 1 so it should be pretty close to what your recommending strength wise bud %thc dependent of course
And yes coconut oil has the highest saturation levels for thc to any lipid based solvent … if inwere to make a salve I would do qwiso because isopropyl is a great delivery vessel for topical solutions …also use coconut oil and other topical remidies :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

My recipe I use QWET concentrated completely down to wax/dab. That’s why I can also add some THCA to the recipe because I just do the same thing for non-decarboxylated weed. I just say at least 10oz of bud because I don’t think you can ‘oversaturate’ coconut oil… it’s only gonna’ pull what it can store (I think… I’m not a expert by any means lol).

This salve has dried up all of his open sores and eased his inflammation and pain (well of course with some gummy bears wink wink). He is completely off of the narcotic pain pills and stopped using the doctor prescribed salve that didn’t do anything but drain his wallet.

I love all of this stuff! So much and and so much to learn! I’l dove to(see above) or others to see as well.

2 Likes

You can put as much bud as you want getting the oil back is the hard part when thers more weed then oil

1 Like