I believe its time to change the rules for the ilgm comps

Hi guys most of you know by my grows right .Now i want talk about something which i find wrong with this site now dont get me wrong guys i love this site and the community on here but theres one thing that needs to be changed to make fair for people who cant get ilgm seeds due to postage problems or because they dont ship to the country of origin ,by now ur probley wondering what is it ,the ilgm comps need to changed so people that cant get seeds from ilgm can join the competitions i dont know if they have changed it or not but its unfair if people like me and many others cant join these comps .Tell me ur thoughts on this let me know if im wrong about this and i will cop it on the chin

2 Likes

I think it’s a legit competition. If a company wants to support their product so be it. It’s not the companies fault for your countries import laws. Kinda sux for you I understand but not the companies problem.
Just stand tall and hope your countries laws change in the near future :metal:

15 Likes

Like i said before dont get me wrong i like this site and the community and i agree that if the company wants to run a comp for there products thats there right all im trying to say is it would be good for them make a comp for people that dont use there seeds or if they cant get them thats all im saying

1 Like

But your not spending money with them, y would they want to shell out product.
It’s a kinda scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours?
Maybe they could do a comp for recognition as the prize?

5 Likes

And that part I completely understand and truly do understand your frustrations but once again it isn’t ilgms fault.

2 Likes

Find a friend in the states where they can be shipped and roll thru them like other do that cannot get the ilgm products. There’s multiple ways around this. Ilgm contest are for ilgm genetics only how would it be fun to take a sunken treasure seeds or aficionados seeds and go against ilgm seeds. Not even close comparison rules are rules for reasons. Just find one that u can trust to send money to to get seeds. It’s possible for sure. @kaptain3d cantt purchase them but gets them.

7 Likes

I dont mean to ruffle feathers here guys i understand where yous are coming from ok it would be good to have a comp for all members of this whether or not you use there seeds or not thats all im saying

3 Likes

I feel you on the contest rules.
But like @StonedCold13 its kind of like a bonus for buying there product,I mean it’s wonderful enough that this forum is free in my eyes and just like mentioned above scratch my back I’ll scratch yours. Unfortunately we pay for other people’s mess ups one way or another that’s life not fair sometimes
Just do like I do and go smoke a fat bowl and you will feel much better.
Plus it’s one thing being able to join the contest but now winning would be another obstacle lol at least for me :laughing:
But yes would be nice to have some sort of bud contest that doesn’t have to be ILGM seeds
Happy new year :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Kinda like Duncan Hinez having a cake baking contest with Betty Crocker cake mix! It’s not their customers. This site is to highlight there seeds and it costs a small fortune to run this site and have Mods here to teach us and help us learn to do what we do.i understand your point but it’s not reasonable to expect ILGM to support other seed company. Contact the seed company you buy from and suggust they start a web site like this one!

5 Likes

Yah i know that but it would be good though

1 Like

They could have all seed company seed good for contest but they might have to charge a Subscription fee instead of free. Bottom line they are in business to make money.

6 Likes

I have to say I fully understand the rules to the contests. I am hoping to grow some of those prize winning buds in 2022 with my ILGM beans. Happy New Year Grow Family! :tada::blush::v:

7 Likes

I don’t care for the policy either, but I do understand it 100%.

They’re just protecting their business . . . wouldn’t look good if competitor’s genetics started winning BOM competition’s.

Not saying that would happen, although it would be good advertising . . . just for the wrong company, and would certainly be cause for anyone to shop other breeders.

Result: Lost sales.

3 Likes

@Tezza @Aussie_autos do I need a Frog :frog: suit so I can swim :swimming_woman: cross with a few goodie bags :school_satchel:!

3 Likes

We went to a mud race for ( and this will tell you how long ago) 3 wheelers. It was sponsored by Honda, we were on a Yamaha and won the race in our class. They gave us the trophy but the $50 prize was given to the 2nd place because they were on a Honda. It is what it is. :blush::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would love to see those pics. Miss the 3wheeler days :+1:

1 Like

I believe I have some somewhere. I will have to do some looking.

1 Like