I believe it, Because I'm living it

My story is typical, Enjoyed smoking and growing my own back in the day, but life took over and had to quit to keep a job for 30+ years. Now, I work for myself so that is no longer a problem. But 30 years on the iron has left me with a bad back from old injuries and degenerative disc disease. Because of
family history along with unwanted side effects I DO NOT take pain medication, or pretty much any medication for that matter, other than occasionally for heartburn. So a couple of years ago I began growing again and experimenting with making tinctures, finally perfecting a recipe about 6 months ago. For about the past 5 years I couldn’t go more than a month, if I was lucky, without something “slipping” and putting me out of commission for anywhere from a few days to weeks. Whether it be from stress, over exertion or whatever it happened on a regular basis. Now, by taking .25ml of my full plant tincture at a time sublingually I’ve eliminated the inflammation and muscle spasms and haven’t had a single spell in the last 6 months. It literally takes the place of the pain meds, anti-inflammatories, and muscle relaxers that the “Doctors” have been trying to pump into me for 25 years except it actually works and has zero side effects. Plus,
I forgot to add, I no longer enjoy the “stoner” high so when dosed correctly my medicine is pretty much non-psychoative and actually works better in smaller doses. Long post, but true story. FWIW I live in Oklahoma and am legal to grow my own now :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Liquid Gold :slightly_smiling_face:64404252_458736081367283_3811909167417917440_n

6 Likes

Interesting. What is the recipe for your tincture?

1 Like

Pretty much a basic cold quick wash in 190proof grain alcohol. I use only bud, not scraps and trim, If the bud is fresh I only decarb half of it. If it’s more than a few months old, no decarb at all. I keep my freezer set on the coldest setting (makes a difference), First wash, 1 gram to the ounce, take it out and shake it well several times over about 8hrs. Course strain it then add another 1 gram per ounce of fresh bud. Again shake it several times and leave it overnight. Course strain it again then reduce volume to half (or less) in a double boiler setup. Strain it through coffee filters then store in the freezer. As you need it, mix 1 to 1 with food grade glycerine in colored dropper bottles. It mixes better with the glycerine if you warm the tincture first. You can add a drop or two of flavoring if you like, I add a couple drops of simple vanilla syrup, it seems to go well with the taste of the natural terpenes. Take it sublingually, it’s by far the best way IMHO. You can leave it as a straight alcohol tincture but it’s hard to leave under your tongue for very long because of the burn. A one ounce bottle (30ml) lasts me 30 days, as I said before it works better at a lower dose. Everyone will have to find their own ideal dosage but .25ml under the tongue about every 6 hrs works well for me.

6 Likes

Thanks! Ill try it.

1 Like

No problem :v: We also give it to our 13yr old Golden Retriever, Ruby. She had a spinal stroke 5 years ago and her hind legs barely work at all . She had gotten to where she’d have violent shaking fits in her hind quarters and sometimes couldn’t even make it up the porch steps. .5ml of my medicine on a cookie every other day has improved her quality of life dramatically :blush:

4 Likes

Also, I’m sure the strain used will make a difference in the effects, I’m growing a few different ones to experiment with. I don’t know what the strain was I used to work up this recipe, I’m guessing an Indica dominant hybrid of some sort. Very thick high yielding plants, smelled a bit like a ripe cantaloupe as they matured. I had one plant that made a little over 4 1/2lbs last year.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I have a family member who has severe back problems due to years in the coal mines. His doctor has him on more meds than he can keep up with, shots, surgeries, and non seem to help. Once they gave him methadone and I told him not to get on it bc I knew the side effects. Long story short, it almost killed him. Would love to do this and give it to him to try for his DDD and SlippEd Disc. One question, course strain? A video would be awesome. Thanks for sharing and TIA :v:

I am want to get enough eventually to try. I have been pumped full of poisons for most my life. I was born with multiple auto immune disorders/disease. So my own bodies immune system is attacking my joints, tendons, ligaments, lungs, eyes, and platelets. Back in 2001 I had a brain tumor the size of a walnut caused by a medication. I quit taking that medicine and it went away. Drs and pharmacists were amazed and started to do studies and it’s now also listed as a side effect on that class of drugs. So we tried a different poison and I landed in the hospital with a blood transfusions. Tried another one and ended up with lymphoma and on chemo…more poisons :roll_eyes: Anyway, I’d be dead without the poisons but they are also killing my liver, stomach, brain, white blood cells and the long term results of one of my meds will give me diabetes in time. If I could suppress my immune system and decrease inflammation without the poisons I obviously want that but first, I need a constant supply. Good luck to you, I really hope it continues to help. It sounds like you’ve endured a lot of pain. When I get to the point of having a supply that I can replace my multiple poisons with oils, I will fill ya in on how it’s working. I’m hoping it will work for me too. I’d love to be pain free but idk how that feels. I don’t remember ever feeling no pain. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I’m pretty positive my medicine actually works not by treating pain, but by stopping the muscle spasms and muscle tension, and by it’s powerful anti-inflammatory effects stopping the pain at it’s source before it happens. Proactive vs reactive

3 Likes

Konflict, by “course strain” I mean just strain out the plant material through cheesecloth or something close to the same mesh. Also, I’d like to add, the reason I say to store the alcohol tincture in the freezer until needed, is because it will slowly decarb naturally on it’s own, keeping it out of the light and in the cold will slow that process down. If you like the head high, by all means decarb the product first. Myself, my head is fine, it’s my body that needs help.

3 Likes

God is perfect.
Man is not.
Man made pills.
God made pot!!!

6 Likes

You’re exactly right Gremmall :+1: I’ve dealt with countless doctors over the years, since 1987 actually, And they all preached “pain management”, which means slowly kill yourself by taking whatever drugs they chose to market for the rest of your life. Now I’ve finally found something that truly helps me and it’s literally growing in my backyard. Makes me detest the medical / pharmaceutical industry even more than I already did :rage:

1 Like

I love that @Gremmall :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I heard that in June of 1990 at the party where FIRST smoked pot lol…I heard it with beer but pills fits much better

3 Likes