I am in need of a webmaster tech kind of guy for ecommerce site

I am a fairly good Webmaster but, due to my blindness I have some issues. I am looking here to see if we have any members who might be able to help me out.

We are setting up an ecommerce store and a pay per chat client. I also would like to bounce some ideas off someone else who has a clue as to what I am talking about.

Thanks ahead for anyone who tries to help.

lw

2 Likes

sounds like exciting things ahead for ILGM. might check out WordPress.org and click ā€œPlug-Insā€ for some pay per chat info.

At this time, I was planning on using a solution called website alive. Possibly embeded in the footer of a shopify cart

I have some wordpress sites. Perhaps you know of some possibilties using wordpress but, being blind I never got overly efficient. I am a simple machines tiny portal guy and have administrated a couple vbulletin sites with portals also.

Bsically I am looking for someone how can help me find options and do some product building and maybe simple coding.

Look forward to your reply. :slight_smile:

sounds like a good plan. They had a free app-type button you could put on your page and looked really simple to use for pay per chat. I am not the tekkie you need, just somebody bored with too much time on my hands. LOL, spend days caring for wife and watching plants grow.

I appreciate the input. I did go to WP and they had a couple interesting solutionā€™s but most required some other software to work with or is linked to Skype; Etc. Website alive is used by Universities and Pro organizationā€™s from what I am told the athletic dept. of these use it for staff communication. Pretty cool

sounds like a fun adventure. good luck.

Good morning @latewood I have about 20 years in IT but I worked (retired now) in a very broad setting and we covered everything under the spectrum. I never did any e commerce as such but if you need to bounce ideas Iā€™m good with that. Iā€™m reading through what you and Bryan have discussed and if youā€™d like me to take a look at what your considering, Iā€™d be happy to do that.

3 Likes

Same here, minus the retirement part (some day :frowning2:). My day job isnā€™t web focused but Iā€™ve set up a few eCommerce sites and hundreds of Wordpress sites. On the web side of IT, I focused manly on SEO and residual income from advertising.

At first glance I think you are on the right track. Unless you are comfortable bastardizing Wordpress, it can be a real headache when even the smallest tweak doesnā€™t work well with an update. Sometimes a well established out of the box solution like what you described above is the way to go.

I donā€™t have direct experience with pay per chat but Iā€™m happy to help if I can.

1 Like

Hello Latewood,

You might want to take a look at WIX. It has a pretty simple interface that will allow you to build websites that use HTML5 that runs on PC internet browser and/or phones via mobile app. It is free to start with so no harm in taking a look at the tools they offer. I think they even have ā€˜expertsā€™ that will build for you. They host the website and offer upgrades, support and all manner of e-commerce, widgets, blogs, etcetera.

When I set up a site for my friend, some years back, it was very interesting to do and we ended up quite professional looking. The real difficulty was having enough relevant content and organizing it in a way that was easy to use. You can host e-mail, add pictures, graphic images, logoā€™s, links, maps and scripts like cgi, java ā€¦

I am guessing this is way more than you need or had in mind but they do seem to have a good product and internet presence, like this site here ā€˜ilovegrowingmarijuana.comā€™. There is a wealth of information, excellent cross reference, honest respectful community and a fantastic product.

Respectfully,
ScoobyDoo

2 Likes

@latewood

Hey hope Iā€™m not too late to the partyā€¦ but I am a web designer, programmer and graphic designerā€¦ let me know if you still need some help with this.

I havenā€™t had to do what you are looking for, but I would be more than happy to help you guys out and do a little research.

Let me know

Also, no offense @ScoobyDoo, but I do not recommend wixā€¦ although it may be a simple and self service tool I do not think this would handle what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your input. I can browse the site you are talking about.

Meanwhile. If you have experience with this software; I would be more inclined to take a harder look at it; Especially if you were to be interested in contributing to the project. I can arrange a conference time with you at that time; If you are so inclined.

With kind regards. lw :slight_smile:

Well said. We are currently planning a php presence along with an html landing page. We have a chat solution that is world class. It is just a matter of what to embed it into. :slight_smile:

If you want to conference give me some time frames you have free today, and I will message you when my time meets your time. :slight_smile:

lw

1 Like

I will be available anytime after 12pm EST

We may be able to chat tonight. I just got done with chores, shopping, and a conference with our software solution rep. :slight_smile:
Do you have Skype? IMLatewood is me on Skype.

Looking for some .dat file database recovery guidance.

Just 2-3 days before were launching a large network a few years agoā€¦When this topic was active; My hosting servoce got hacked and we had to shut down for 4 years. I finally got my dat file from the crooks last year or so. I am looking for someone who can help me to extract the data from 2-3 of several sites in the network.

If you have experience and would like to help me; I would appreciate it. We had a very professional site built with appoinyment scheduling, live video chat, hsop, all the bells and whistels.

Thanks gorward to anyone interested. jasong was excellent, but he disappeared due to a partner issue in his firm and I mever even got to pay him. We would be extracting his and my web designs.