I am in my 2nd week of flower on a outdoor grow this is my 3rd year and I am having what I'm pretty sure is a watering issue

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Hi Robert I am in my 2nd week of flower on a outdoor grow this is my 3rd year and I am having what I’m pretty sure is a watering issue. I reread your literature which is awesome by the way but I need a little more in depth help. I have had the same watering schedule for all my plant and one is no 11.5 ft tall which is great but when it started to flower the leaves started laying down like they would at night. So I cut the watering schedule in half. Now the leaves are turning yellow and still laying down and I am baffled. Through research I’ve found it to be an over watering issue causing lack of nitrogen in the roots, but cant find a solid answer on how to mend this any help would be very appreciated. Attached are some pictures. You are a grow God in my eyes. Thanks man.
Jake from Colorado
P.s the leaves are only laying down at the top of the plant the rest looks super healthy.

7 Likes

Is the top of the tallest plant still in full sun ? Looks like it might have grown up into the shade?

Hi I’m the original asker it is shaded in the morning until 9 or 10 but gets full sun throughout the day

3 Likes

Welcome @Monsters4me

They look pretty healthy
Are they directly in the ground or in pots ?

If you are talking about the yellowing leaves near the top of the left-hand plant, it could be nutrient related. In flower they will need different food. I am amazed at the ginormity! :slight_smile: Like 10’ tall or better?

3 Likes

Thats where i was heading @Whodat66
And why i asked if they are in ground or pots

While im at it can you answer as many of these questions as possible @Monsters4me

• Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

• Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

• System type?

• PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

• What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system, size?

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t want to get into specifics because he has you :wink:

But I’m learning.

1 Like

No worries buddy
You amcan assist if you can
I still work full time so i jump on and off as i can or need to so sometimes i can be a while before i can swing back @Whodat66
Lol

I know enough to point in the right direction, not enough to say “You need calcium” (or phosphorous or whatever)

In soil, outdoor, the tall one is east coast sour d x jack the ripper, it’s just over 11.5 ft. Sun grown the only nutrients I have used is I just started some bud candy on it yesterday. Temps range between 90-75 day and 65-70 at night but because of the season change it’s getting colder last night was a low of 61. It has been steady 20% humidity for the last week but Colorado is generally a dry climate no co2

Cool. I had a pretty good height guess :wink: I think that the bloom-specific nute’s is what you needed to do. 2-weeks into flower they are probably looking for it. I hope you have a big tobacco-barn set-up to dry it all!

2 Likes

I do have a nice set up for my dry and cure I had 12 plants last year that all yielded a lot so I learned from it I didnt expect to have that many survive. Thank you I will definitely look into some nutrients so you dint think it’s a watering issue cus I dont want to starve it and the other ones a doing great on this schedule, it was to until flower the the top got lazy

1 Like

I would listen to the guys with the ILGM logo for specifics. I like to read and learn on my own, but sometimes need to be pointed in the right direction. I know that when they go to flower (or you flip them indoors) they shift from needing one primary nutrient to another primary nutrient (NPK) Don’t remember which, because for me it didn’t matter. I bought a nutrient set with a schedule of what to use when (Fox Farms), and I’m trusting they figgered that junk out :wink:

You mentioning week 2 of flower was my only clue, not the appearance of your trees (tall shrubs, whatever :wink: )

2 Likes

I got nothing to add except to say please stick around the forum. That thing is massive and I’d love to see what it looks like at the end.

1 Like

Definitely will it is a tree for sure I will post some comparison photos and full flower photos when the time comes. I grow for my moms husband it’s a passion and loving the learning process. I worked various grows doing security and never saw one this big though.

3 Likes

I look at my plants 20 times a day, thinking “damn! I made this happen!”

Biggest question is usually “how can I make it better without effing it up” LOL

2 Likes

I would lean towards being hungry causing the yellow leaves up top
When you say out doors you mean directly in the soil am I correct
Sorey i still work full time so it takes me a few to get back to the questions sometimes

Haha @ILGM.Zoe i just noticed she called you Robert. :joy::joy::joy: hope it made someone else smile

Ok read post now. Welcome to the forum @Monsters4me. That name is beyond appropriate! Dude those things are effing MONSTERS… baby oak trees… beautiful.

So I’ve had a pretty stress filled afternoon in the garden today I guess it got really windy last night and I had yet to put my support ties on the girls, one of the plants was on the ground with the anchor roots broken. I have it supported pretty well at this point and watered graciously. As for all my plants yes they are soil grown. I also begin to believe the 11.5 ft plant is hungry as well because I came home and the top was leaning pretty heavy and the leaves are yellowing at an alarming rate. It also has an elm tree right behind it which while it provides good security but I think the roots may be battling and my girl is losing. I have all of them supported and will and more as the temp goes down because it jumped up to 90 degrees today.

1 Like

1 Like