I am having a hell of a time figuring this out

Can somebody help me?

2 Likes

Wow, that doesnt look good. Id say heat stress but I dont know outdoor. @MidwestGuy or @PurpNGold74 will prolly be able to help you. You kinda cant help but hit a pro when you throw a stick in the air around here.

4 Likes

Without much info, and the crazy temps across the US I’d say that guess is on target. Move it to a shaded/partially shaded area, make sure it is watered…Tacoing usually means is transpiring faster than it is up-taking water - heat stress.

My second check would be root zone (slurry) ph/ppm swing from over-evap in the wet/dry cycle.

3 Likes

Looks to me.like heat stress.

Can you move into the shade or add shade?

Water early.in the mornig during heat waves…good.luck.

3 Likes

Yep, Heat
Like bacon on a griddle they just start curling up.
Shade if you can.

3 Likes

I’m going with heat stress too @Spiney_norman like the bacon reference

3 Likes

What have you been feeding it ?

1 Like

Climate change. Shade her immediately.

1 Like

We also like to throw a monthly dose of silica in (if you’re not already putting it in) during the growing months outside. When we hit flowering, we do it every 2 weeks. Silica can help with just about every known environmental stressor outside, and all it does is simply stretch the cell walls allowing for more water/nutrient uptake and making them tougher/stronger as a by-product of this process.

Other than adding shade, the early morning water is extremely important if you can manage it. That way its already in there for the plant to help cool itself off. You may also want to consider watering more than once a day depending on the size of the pot that you are using. During excessive heat, keeping their feet wet is extremely important. Enough to help keep it cool, you don’t have to make it droop. Also, mulching can help assist with water retention.

How’s the lady doing now?