I am debating getting the 120 or the 160. What are better?

What size light do you have. That’s just huge! Looking really good. I am still researching, not in a rush, just taking my time to make sure I get it right as much as possible.

1 Like

dbrn32,
Ok, I think that you got me convinced, just need to find out if I can have it shipped to Canada. Is the Model 2TL the one that you are referring to? Do you think that would be enough coverage for my 2x4 tent? Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m new like you- I have a 3x2 Grow tent and have been searching for months- video after video review etc. Listen to these guys. Quantum Boards are the way to go. I’m in Canada and they sell out as soon as they get them in. Why? Because everyone knows they are the best option. Most of the stuff out there lie to you, inflating Par reading etc. Don’t get sucked up in that. Seriously, Quantum Boards are the way to go.

1 Like

There is a Canadian seller. I can’t post the link here but when you go on the American site it asks if you want to go to the Canadian site.

You would probably run the same as me- 260W QB LED KIT. Again, i’m Just starting too but I have been researching and reading everything about light and these are the best LED for the price.

It’s gonna put you right at a ppfd of 600 umols. I recommended that one because the ppf of California lightworks model was identical, and the timber light is $100 cheaper.

You could get a little more light in there with one of the two board 260 watt kits for near the same price. Go to growerslights and see if they have the xl260 kit in stock, select the option for them to assemble and test, and see what it takes to get to Canada.

1 Like

They also sell a 320w which might be better for your tent size. The guys on here would know better than me. Lol
I’m getting them to assemble too. I think it is only $25 for that option. It takes know time to do it yourself but I’m doing it for the piece of mind factor as I don’t trust myself putting it together. Lol

1 Like
1 Like

I know, I know lol

1 Like

Sorry, I said guys but I meant ppl :slight_smile:

Thanks, found the site. That one is out but the 320 is in stock!

Hey there again dbrn32.
Thanks again for all the info! You have me narrowed down to 2.
Would you go with the 320 Watt Quantum Board Grow Light Kit or the 400 Watt Vero29 V7 (4) COB Grow Light Kit from Timber?
Thanks!

1 Like

Personally, I’m a cob guy. But pushing the vero’s To 100 watts is a lot in a 2x4. I’d like four 70 watt cobs better there. My buddy runs the 310 watts of vero 29’s in a 2x4 with 3 plants and pulls about 250 grams, but he has to dim most of grow due to temps half the year. So your paying for performance that you can’t use. 320 watts of quantum boards is also a lot, probably more than you need. But the coverage is better with the boards there, so I’d probably go with the qb there. You can just dim it and run it low.

1 Like

Thanks dbrn32,
It looks like the 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit is the winner.
Thanks to everybody for the feedback. Found the light I need and with free shipping to boot!
Looking forward to getting started!

3 Likes

I have that kit. Let me know if you need anything!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of getting that board as well. What company are you purchasing it from? I’m in Canada as well so free shipping is a bonus.

1 Like

you will not be disappointed in the QB’s performance, there are many here that use them with spectacular results! happy growing @Gmoney72

1 Like

Go to the hlg US page and select retailers. Then select international retailers. There’s a link to hlg Canada.

They have limited products as of right now, but I would send them an email and see what’s up. Check pricing too vs ordering from growerslights, may not be any different than ordering from US.

I contacted them last week (Monday) and they returned saying they are getting in new stock the end of this week.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @CanadianGrower
Is that the growlights canada page? What’s the US page?

1 Like