I am a brand new grower. Should I be concerned with my plants

5th week of growth cycle.

Soil - organic Mirclegro… I know rookie move.

Lighting- BestVa dc series 2000w LED. 18hrs on 6hrs off.

Soil ph 7.1

Grow tent 4x4.

So basically I just don’t want to be over stressing about my plants and do something goofy which would cause more problems. Please let me know where my concerns be at this point.

Pictures in natural light really helps us see what’s going on if you can post some more when you get a chance.

4 Likes

Looks like some tip burn but the unnatural lighting makes seeing much of anything close to impossible. Don’t ever get water/moisture on them unless your light cycle just went off, or won’t be coming back on for several hours. Could be pests or light burn causing the damaged tips as well but that can’t be seen. Unrelated to your question but what are you using to support the sides I assume to keep the tent walls from being sucked in from your filter/fan like mine. I didn’t think of trying that route to fix it opened the bottom vents but I need to trap all heat with winter approaching and it being in my garage.

1 Like

5th week of growth cycle.

Soil - organic Mirclegro… I know rookie move.

Lighting- BestVa dc series 2000w LED. 18hrs on 6hrs off.

Soil ph 7.1

Grow tent 4x4.

Strain Wedding cake

So basically I just don’t want to be over stressing about my plants and do something goofy which would cause more problems. Please let me know where my concerns be at this point.

I am just using some packing planks I had laying around- gorilla tape them together. Thanks for your advise! Everything helps.

I am new dude lol I got pics posted all over the place lol. Hopefully the last pics are better. What you think.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I saw a young mite the smaller white stages of their life cycle on one of your leaves. Have you checked under your leaves for spots of white or black. They could even be larger and green visible to your eye alone. If you at any point found big bugs on your plant they could have laid so many eggs infesting your entire crop. Happened to mine first grow for me also after researching it a fair amount I didn’t take the single adult I found seriously enough.

I have not seen any bugs however I have not looked under the leaves either, I will inspect the leaves for the spots.

Lower your ph to 6.8 and add some calmag

4 Likes

Thanks dude! What is the best way to lower PH?

1 Like

Get some general hydroponics ph up and down and a decent ph meter. I’ve bought them from $10-$70 and they always take a shit on you. I’ve mastered the ph drop indicator

1 Like

Just by you saying your worried manes your passionate about what you’re doing somewhere is good to have it keeps you on your toes I use miracle potting soil but I mix it with plain black dark soil so there’s not too much of that miracle Grow making it over fertilized your plants will fine man the only thing I would say is how many plants do you have is that four plants and I would bring my light closer to the plants to keep you from stretching I run my plants around 12to16in as long your light isn’t puting off a lot of heat my first grow went well a lot of good ppl here and good advise most important thing is having enough light to cover your flowing grow space to me that’s number 1second is feeding and not over feed n water and keep a eye on the ph keep it between 6/7lats but not least air flow and I believe a lot in c02generator you can get one for your space there little one for about three four months cost about $31 I use exhale and it does make a world of difference keep your plants moving makes stronger stak

Phosphoric acid, or ph down.

2 Likes

Pond water!

Everything im finding on the organic line is fine.

The reason the community doesn’t like regular mg is because of the time release nitrogen that continues during flower. Which effects production. Its not easily controlled. This product doesn’t carry the same component.

Everything I read shows its hot (nutrients added).
You shouldnt need to feed until flower timeframe. If you do, delute the usual nutes measurements. You could get away with just water ph’d properly. The soils going to have a richer ph. So you will want to test run off and accommodate accordingly.

Correct me if I’m wrong @Covertgrower

If your soils 7.1, then your water should be around 5. Until you’ve used the nutrients up. Then you’ll be feeding nutrients at the correct ph.

1 Like

Oh I’d suggest using fox farms happy frog soil from now on it’s all I’ve used didn’t have to add anything used regular tap water, and my babies all thrived like they were on steroids even my severely light burned littlest girl. When I had noticed the infestation I had already tried to treat the ph and the nutes possible issues and they had started killing off a disturbing amount of fan leaves. Absolutely make sure it’s not pests of some kind ASAP or you’ll regret it like I did.

Cheapest is vinegar that’s how I get my pH down and if you need to bring it up baking soda just. A little at a time

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread! My ladies and I are in week 10, and they are shaping up quite nicely :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

How do you water them with the trellis netting across there? I was thinking of getting one of those instead or using my bamboo poles and plant tape.

Hi William, I water them from the bottom of the pots, the netting does great!