Hydroponics white widow grow

Okay thanks I’ll get with @Bob31

I started germinating my white willow seeds last night, how long do I leave them in the water and can I put them in rockwool when the root reaches about three quarters of an inch long? do I soak my rockwool in water first just want to make sure I’m on the right path.

I just got the ventilation system in yesterday this is what it looks like Ipowered 4in ventilation

1 Like

1 Like

Let me know what you think.

Yes your supposed to some them in 5.8 water, and then hold loosely in your hand and fling extra water out.
@Donaldj is a hydro man

1 Like

Here are the links to the Grow Bible @Swt.2017

Grow Bible Download

Book 1:

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com-grow-bible.pdf

Book 2:

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com-plantcare-guide.pdf

I leave mine in water about 24 hrs. I keep checking to see signs of crackage. You’ll see a pointiness to one end when it starts to split. If I notice this happening, I’ll pull them from the water and put them in a folded wet paper towel. I put that in a ziplock bag, close it squeezing out most of the air. Then I put that in a black plastic bag, roll/fold it up somewhat loosely and put it on the cable box (warm, not hot). 24-48 hrs later you’ll have taproots. They’re white. They’re obvious. When the taproots are 1/4-1/2” long, put them in the rockwool. Some very important things to note here, and they are critical at this fragile stage…

1. In the water glass - Check and check again. Timeframes are best guesses in weed farming because there are too many variables at play. I check progress on a regular basis. Every 3 hrs or so except when I sleep. I’ve seen seeds take 3 or 4 days to crack. I’ve also seen them crack in 6 hrs and get a full blown taproot in the glass.
  2. In the paper towel - again with the checking and timeframes and variables. This I’ll check a little less frequently because they’re fragile. More like every 6 hrs. Also because of the fragility, be very gentle when folding and unfolding the paper towel. Give them space. Don’t wad it or fold it to the smallest possible dimension. Think of it more as a damp mat for the seeds to lay on and be covered by. If you damage a taproot, toss the seed… it’s a goner.
  3. Timing is important so when you check the paper towel and the taproots seem like they’ll be ready on next check, drop the rockwool in ph 5.8 for 6-8 hrs. When you pull them from the water, don’t squeeze out the excess. Like @Nug-bug said, just kinda loosely shake it.

If you don’t already have one, get a jiffy germination tray. It doesn’t have to be Jiffy. Any brand will be fine. Put the tray on something warm (not hot), put the wet rockwool in the tray, put the seed (root down) into the hole, kinda pinch the hole closed a little- just a little- don’t smash it in any way, put the lid on the tray, get light on it, and leave it alone for at least 24 hrs. Look but don’t touch.

This will get you started. In the meantime, use every spare minute to read the grow guide @bob31 linked to. Most of us have and you’ll see it referred to here frequently. It really does cover everything you’d need to know to grow. Everything else is variations in the quest for the biggest possible yield. For a beginner, I recommend thinking of your 1st grow as a learner grow resulting in some bonus weed if you have any measure of success. I promise you will come away from it knowing many many things you’ll do different next time. Get the basics down 1st.

1 Like

Just playing my seeds in Hydroponics rockwool in 5 gallon buckets up under a light LED 300w HydroMars I put 1/3 of nutrients and the first one second one I put 3/4 Newk’s

2 Likes

Okay thank you I appreciate it, can’t wait to get home and check on mine and see if they’ve sprouted

1 Like

Starting from the beginning I put my seeds in a glass of water waited 8 hours they did not sink, I pushed them down they sunk I left them in there for another 10 hours then I took them out, them on a wet paper towel on a plate folded paper towel over them and waited for 24 hours they crack, I had a Taproot I then waited to the Taproot was about a half inch long put root side down in rockwool after soaking rockwool in pH water of 5.8 or higher I took them put them put in the rockwool added them to my 5-inch basket with Clay Pebbles on the bottom I put a few Pebbles around them to hold them up next day I’ve gotten sprouts.

1 Like

this is what I saw today

I plan to changed out the reservoirs Sunday morning because I started them on Tuesday of this week trying to get on a good schedule

this is that second one 3 hours later

1 Like

You put them in the res already? I’m not gonna say that won’t work, but they should probably be in a germination tray with a dome

Yes they have.been in the rest for a full day now ph is around 5.8 and they seem to be thriving, this morning they both have growed.

I’ll post more pictures this afternoon

3 Likes

Today 12/14/2017 second day

That’s two different plants