Hydroponic Grow First Timer

I’m not a hydro grower, but there’s a lot of ways you can do it. Recirculating system?

@dbrn32 … My hydro system is not recirculated. It says i need to change water every week. On another note im doing 2 plants in soil. I have 5 sprouts out of the 6 seedz i germinated . one hasnt popped yet but its just now day 3 so theres hope for it still i believe. My main concern now is proper light and water once i have sprouts. They are in rapid rooter pods right now still. It said not to put them in the grow media until roots are visible. Is that correct? How many hours of light and dark should my sprouts be getting and how often do i water them ? Im so nervous im gonna screw them all up now. Suggestions please!!:confused::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Ya, you’ll see roots coming out of the plug you can put wherever at that point. There’s a lot of different opinions on germination. I usually run lights 24 hours when in rooters. But 18 or more should do.

1 Like

Awesome. Ive been running them 24 hrs bc im still waiting on one to pop but i was getting worried the ones that have popped were getting too much light. So … Im not screwing up yet. Lol. Thanks so much for the tip.

1 Like

Well i had them in rapid rooter pods to germinate so i want to move them into my soil and hydro buckets to grow…not sure what u mean by your question

What size containers are you using for your hydro?

2 gallon buckets. Shouldve gone with 5 probably but live and learn. They are doing great tho.

1 Like

I veg mine in 5gal buckets and flower in 20gal containers

I didnt plan on moving mine .