Hydroponic first grow

Lost,
hey, do you use calmag in your DWC from.the beginning?

1 Like

@kw_Bat if lostscuba isnā€™t using calmag from the beginning he should be. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer~!

It is my understand that when doing DWC and using RO like water, that u start Cal-Mag from the git go. I just wanted to make sureā€¦

Thanks for your input!

1 Like

I am not using I got rid of my root rot by letting it sit in nute water just water witch is 7.0 I did it two days and row bombzeez gone :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::nerd_face::triumph::flushed:

2 Likes

1 Like

If you are using the right nutes CalMag should already in the mix. What are you using?

Do you feel a lot of slime on the walls of the water container? Do you have enough aeration? You may need to completely clean and sanitize the container. You also seem to have quite a bit of algae on the rockwool. You might think about running the net pots under running water to flush out any nasties.

1 Like

Yea I clean them all the time just these ones we reused I use sensi A and b. Grow. And some root farm stuff yea Iā€™ve been having a hard time with these clones the only way Iā€™ve been getting clones is using dirt they root I wash them off and transfer them into clay pellets Iā€™ve been looking for better containers

As you can see in the ingredients both Calcium and Magnesium are in the mix.

The rockwool can become very dense and will not allow air passage when waterlogged. Do the netpots dip into water. I would suggest using only a single cube and allowing air passage around the cube in the pot (Surround by pebbles). Others have suggested letting the net pots hover over the nutes bubbling below as to allow the roots to seek the water. Air flow and not having too much moisture is important not to grow unfavorable bacteria, algae and molds. You can wash them out with running water and hopefully they can recover.

1 Like

ARGGGH! I cannot edit my posts!!! @dbrn32 @garrigan62

@Lostscuba also check your other additives roots far for organics. If they contain organics they could help in propagate nasties.

1 Like

Someone explain to me this edit issueā€¦what is it, sine ppl where saying about how everyone gets emails when you edit & why is it a big deal & how is it possible you would lose the feature to edit. What donā€™t I know? @dbrn32 @MattyBear

1 Like

I was partaking in the community grow off and it got nasty so I decided to delete myself from the convos. Ever since then I can no longer edit my postsā€¦even though I was sticking up for the mods.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the nastyness, someone wrote a topic whatā€™s with the arguing. I did k I that they were talking about and did t need to. I was curious how the grow off was goingā€¦ I didnā€™t enter it because I need the communitys help with my grow and your not aloud help with itā€¦lol . Regardless I still would like to know what Iā€™m missing on the topic with edits. Pretty soon Iā€™ll figure it out ā€¦also what all the fancy buttons do in the drop downā€¦lol

1 Like

Not that I like it but you need to update your icon. They are now 6x champs. Buffalo fan living in Mass is tough. Especially since we play them twice a year. Credit dueā€¦Brady is the best QB of all times.

1 Like

My pods hover over the water just some clay pebbles in the bottom so far Iā€™ve got most of the clones but this batch has been a little tuffer because Iā€™m running twice as much should I Tare off the top of the cube whereā€™s itā€™s green

A,lot of ppl like to use those big tubs. Nothing against them just think they would be tougher to maintain with bubbling air and cleaning. I use 5g buckets and can get them cleaned and changed in 5 min. Yes they grow stuff too, but I can address issues quicker. JMHO.

I wouldnā€™t tear off the green, just take the cup out and flush off and through in your bathtub.

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s what I transfer to is 5 gallons buckets or 3 gallons

Like so @WickedAle

1 Like

@LoCoRock. :+1:
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I just use those tubs to start the cloning process ok I will try it now il let u kbow

I am getting some 2.5ā€ netpots. Iā€™ll run 5-6 per 5gal then transfer. probably could run up to 10. just need to wait for roots to perturb from the rockwool.

1 Like