- Hydroponics DWC 5 gallon buckets
- 4’x4’x6.7’ tent
- Inline 100 CFM 4’’ Fan → Exhaust 195 CFM 4’’ Fan w/ filter
- x2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LED
- x2 Honeywell TurboForce Air Circulator Fan
- Ultrasonic Viral Support Humidifier
- Hydrofarm Active Aqua Air Pump, 4 Outlets, 6W, 15 L/min
- pH, TDS/PPM, EC, & temperature meters
- Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
- Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant
- General Hydroponics Armor Si
- General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer
I did a couple test runs with the above minus 1 Mars Hydro SP3000 LED. I was keeping tent temps at 72 with 50% humidity. My solution was staying right at 70. I don’t think the second Mars Hydro SP3000 LED will elevate the temps much. If temps rise I will plan to move the lights control units outside of the tent.
- 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness.
- Solution temp goal 68. Tent temp 72. RH 50% until flower, then taper down to 35%.
- Check solution daily two times for pH, PPM, EC, and temperature. Once in the morning an hour after lights have come on and another time in the evening hours.
- Check for any signs of mold, mildew, and root rot problems.
- Swap solution every 5-7 days.
- Bought 8 buckets in total.
- Will fill with water and let it sit for 24 hours before adjusting nutrients and then pH levels.
- The four buckets not in use will be cleaned and prepared for the next swap.
- Fim or top somewhere between weeks 3 and 5. Probably wait to see how first few weeks go.
- LST (Low Stress Training) as needed
- Hang in tent with 100% darkness with fans circulating air 24/7
- Temperature: 65-70
- Humidity: 30%
- 5-10 Days
- Dark room within quart sized mason jars filled no more than 3/4 full
- Temperature: 70
- Using hygrometer target RH: 60-65%; Not dropping below 55% RH
- 2-4 weeks burp daily 2x 20-30 minutes; tapering burping process as weeks elapse
- Foodsaver Machine for Food Preservation using the wide-mouth mason jar sealer attachment.
- Freezer within light proof cooler
I’ve grown vegetables in a 4x16 Square Foot Garden (SFG) outside the past 3 years. I’ve had success/failures gardening outdoors producing things that I appreciate and things that I will never try to grow again. I hope some things I’ve learned outside in the dirt will cross-polinate over to hydroponics (pun intended). This will be my first indoor hydroponic grow.
I thoroughly enjoy learning new things, which is one of the biggest reasons why I’m doing this. My hobbies always entail a ton of research and reading. Learning how to grow your own food and resources is something I would love to pass down to my children.
Lastly, I’ve experienced marijuana maybe 5 times in my life. The last time I smoked was in college, probably 15 years ago. Up to this point I’ve drank alcohol regularly. I’m getting old enough now that I’d rather have good alcohol on special occasions rather than on a regular basis.
When building my DWC I wanted sight lines for amount of solution in 5 gallon containers. I bought clear PVC tubing. I should’ve bought colored tubing or disregarded the sight lines altogether.
Similar to 1, I bought clear tubing for my air lines. Seems like this is less of a mistake, but wish I would’ve bought black tubing.
Will the air pump I have be sufficient enough for 4 DWC buckets? I fear I should double my air pump (Hydrofarm Active Aqua Air Pump, 4 Outlets, 6W, 15 L/min)?
What nutrients would one add to my setup? And if so, why?
Are my fans sufficient (x2 Honeywell TurboForce Air Circulator Fan)? I’ve seen a lot of people using 16’’ Hurricane brand oscillating fans. I worry if all 4 plants successfully go into flower in the 4x4 tent the two small 6’’ fans won’t be sufficient. I do not want to have a successful run to lose it all to mildew, which I believe Sour Diesel Autoflowers are prone to.
How long should I flush with Hydroponics? I’ve read 2 days is sufficient?
If any of the above looks wrong please help me correct it.