Hydropod by Atwater Hydroponics

I decided on a Atwater Hydroponics - Hydropod.
Came as a kit with everything.
Keeping any water that goes in at Ph7(ish).
I am feeding at %30 recommended feed str.

I have found this to be very easy and my lil girl loves it!

2 Likes

Are you really going to attempt to grow hydro at 7ish ph?
Let me know if I’m wrong but I believe if you do hydro at that ph instead of 5.8ish it won’t go well.

5 Likes

You are literally the first I have heard not recommend 6.5/7. I guess you may know better, so, YES I am attempting to grow hydro at Ph 7(ish).

2 Likes

I’m tagging some people here that will be able to offer some advice

Here is a nice chart that shows which nutrients are used by these plants at what ph levels at 7 most nutrients are not available. 5.5-6.1 is the range that works for hydro grows 7 is high even for soil.not trying to sound bossy just helpful we all like to see successful grows. @Hellraiser @spyonyou @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Does my plant show a deficiency?

1 Like

the test kit is always a nice faint yellow. So as I read it, 6ish is what I am hitting. My bad.

I follow a process and had a number off in my head. Here is a pic of a kitty to make up for it.

4 Likes

This sounds really convenient. I found it on Amazon, I didn’t see a ph meter in the kit, or nutrients. What nutrients are you using? Do you have a ph meter?

1 Like

It came with Ph test kit and nutes from Mendocino

1 Like

this is the set I ordered

1 Like

Looks like a solid nutrient formula. Powdered is the best bang for the buck. When those run out, you should look into Jacks nutrients it’s a simple 321 recipe.
The ph test kit sounds like strips? I would recommend a digital meter, as it’ll be more accurate for testing.

3 Likes

Love the cat pic here is batman, the newest member of our security and quality control team

Looking forward to watching your grow. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

5.8 for hydro and coco runs. 6.5 for soil. If u adjust that pH and get it down to 5.8 and keep it there with a temp of under 70 and watch her pick up color better and start to shoot out new growth faster. She is not up taking anything like she should be at 6.5 pH. Do a slight pH adjustment and watch her grow

4 Likes

Well coco coir is hydrO so ive been told and i was told to have my ph at 5.8 to 6.3 that was for my last grow

2 Likes

I would suggest more research as it’s well-documented to keep hydro at 5.5 to 5.8 nominally.

You will also find that drops and strips are nowhere near accurate enough to grow hydro cannabis. A decent digital PH and TDS meter are almost mandatory (and IS if a new grower).

It actually isn’t. Soilless is a better statement but differs in many ways from a hydro grow.

How about filling this out so we can do a better job of helping you?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

This.

This.

Question - air stones included in that set up or does it just blow air into the tube and make big air bubbles?

I ask because I started my first grow with a nearly identical kit - it was just 4 buckets instead of 1. I found I had to rig it up with airstones through that blue tube on the side and it was really dumb (although to be honest now that it’s established everything is working fine)

I’ll prep you for watching your water temperature- warm water is going to encourage bacterial growth that is not going to be fun to try and combat (personal experience). If you don’t already have it, I highly recommend picking up a quart of Hydroguard and adding some to your water. It’ll help prevent root rot before it ever becomes a problem. It won’t stop it if conditions are perpetually bad, but it’s helpful.

They were included. Not sure how well they work.

1 Like

At least that’s an easy fix. Sad airstones are quickly replaced with good ones. Air pumps are also pretty cheap for a 2-outlet one which would probably double the efficacy of the setup.

1 Like