Hydrogen peroxide to water ratio

How much hydrogen peroxide do you use in distilled water to pop the seeds?

1 Like

I use about 1/2 cap full to a shot glass of water

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital Is the purpose of the peroxide to crack the shell?

1 Like

30-50 water to one (3%H2O2)

Ratio of 3:50.
I was struggling to get seeds to sprout so just tried the h202 method. I added 30ml to 500ml of demineralised water then PHā€™d to about 6.2 and expanded a jiffy pellet with it.
Seed wasnā€™t soaked before planting and sprouted in 3 days.

1 Like

It helps soften the shell but also adds oxygen to the water.

3 Likes

@BobbyDigital enough said Iā€™m goin with your mix thanks Brother! :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Works for me every time. Typically within 24hrs it has sprung a tail. My blueberry auto has taken the longest to date and that was 36hrs.

3 Likes

@BobbyDigital is it normal for a seed to sink?

Most people look for it to sink. Iā€™ve never had one sink though.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital how long do I need to let the tail get before putting into soil?

This is where mine usually are when I dropped them into the soil

5 Likes

Thanks brother :v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I constantly see the ratio of 5 parts water to 1 part 3% H2O2. I use a cup of water which is 237ml, then add a fifth of that which is 47.4ml of the 3% hydrogen peroxide. I read Ed Rosethalā€™s Seed Propagation pageā€¦he says same thing, 5:1 water to H2O2ā€¦then he says if you use 0.5% hydrogen peroxide (which is a sixth of the strength of the 3% if my math is still correct) he says you have to dilute it 200 parts water to one part 0.5% H2O2. That just doesnā€™t make sense Edā€¦mustā€™ve been a typoā€¦? Iā€™d just stick with the pharmacy bought stuff at 3% hydrogen peroxide, and take how ever many ml of water you plan on using, divide that by five and thatā€™ll be the amount of H2O2 you should put in the solution. I heard to not leave it in that solution for more than 24 hours or it might drown. Some folks beg to differ, but just donā€™t leave it in for too long. Iā€™m having issues germinating marijuana seedsā€¦ever since they stopped growing bud with seedsā€¦back in ā€œthe dayā€, not a lot of people knew about male & female pot plants, and you could trick it into flowering by light deprivationā€¦we just bought from Mexico and Columbiaā€¦good weed but full of seedsā€¦and most were good seeds weā€™d toss away in the trash. Those seeds would sell for $8 each todayā€¦they completely changed the dynamics of marijuana by cross breeding so much itā€™s nuts. Somewhere down the line, some folks went and genetically bred the stink out of some of the strains of weedā€¦and in the process, bred the potency out as well. I get a shit load of insults and innuendos by these children online that assume they know way way way more than I ever will, and think they know what it was like back when their parents were still shitting their diapersā€¦I meanā€¦WTF kid? Good luck with your germinating issues. Sorry about the rantā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t see any ranting your just speaking your mind. But I have the best luck with the old damp paper towel. Just my 2 cents. But I go with @BobbyDigital ā€˜s formula half a cap to a shot glass. Or I call it a splash when I go that route :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: