Hydrogen peroxide for prevention of bud rot

Hello,
Is that true that you can spray your plants (with buds) with hydrogen peroxide to prevent bud rot during incoming rains?
I am growing outdoor and am expecting few showers at nights in the next few weeks
Regards,

1 Like

Wetting your buds to prevent bud rot seems contra intuitiv…

I think you can spray them when its sunny after the rain, to kill possible spores. shake away any drops left, you can also shake them while it’s raining. Thst is how i would fight budrot, but you can’t fight your climate!

1 Like

You can spray them with a dilute mixture as a preventative, but after the rain like @outdooring suggests. Peroxide will kill mold spores and bacteria, so it can work, yes. Peroxide won’t hard trichs.

1 Like

For my outdoor crop last year I fought bud rot by using a diluted h2o2 spray. Only applied at dusk or dawn, when there will be enough time for the solution to dry before the plants are exposed to direct sunlight.

For heavy rains, I’d make sure I was out shaking the crap out of the plants to remove excess moisture, as well as shakedowns in the AM to get all the dew off!

Another thing that helped was pulling buds away from the main stems, trying to open up pathways for air to flow.

Best of luck! Persistence is key!

2 Likes

I broke a couple of Branches doing that

Just need to take care with how hard youre shaking, personally I had some pretty thick and tall ladies, so they could take a hearty shaking :grin:

Also its not going to prevent bud rot…I think its pretty hard to 100% prevent bud rot, but you can take steps to keep it at bay.

But once you find it I’m convinced you won’t get rid of it…it lurks…

1 Like

Once you have it😬
If you stay on top and inspect your ladies closely every day, and cut out any new spots you wont loose entire buds…
Look out for browning sugar leafs bretty good indicator there is some rot, if you pull gently on a sugar leaf that has budrot it will just come of the bud at its stem

But yeah as i said you cant beat your climate…

1 Like

But yeah as i said you cant beat your climate…

I beg to differ… You can grow your plants early inside then flower during summer and build a greenhouse structure then light dep. them with a blackout tarp its much work but I will be doing do so myself this year as I live off the coast and the weather’s shit here I lost my harvest last year to mold insane winds rains etc… was warned to light dep like I planned but wanted a monster rather then a harvest I guess lol… but if your past that and got them flowering already make a temporary greenhouse make the structure then tarp it when needed take off on nice days all better prevention then spraying your buds and if possible I’d prefer to never spray them or let them get rained on in flower and you should get a battery powered leaf blower for morning dew and rain even if you have have greenhouse there will be morning dew this is just my opinion and experience.

1 Like

Is there a way u can poke sone sticks in the ground and make a homemade shelter for them with some plastic to stop most water from getting to them and when rain stoops move plastic til next rainfall.

1 Like

It’s more like cheating the climate… But you are right these are viable methods to prevent climate related issues.

1 Like