Hydro, playin around

I dropped 3 more strains into clear Solo cups with seedling soil. Liberty Haze, Super Silver Haze, Jack Herer. Then I moved my strawberry seedlings outside into new contraption I made. I used rabbit proof wire fencing that is 30 inch tall. Cut a length and wired into round cage. Secured it to ground and fence. Then put hay about 4 inches thick on bottoms and sides. Into center went 12 gallons of garden soil. This filled cage just over half way. Now It is a raised bed. Plan is not to have to bend over to garden.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I ended up closing down the 27 gal dwc/sprinklerponic disaster (root rot). Had two monster crop clones that I cut off the roots at bottom of netcup took everything out and replanted the root balls in Happy Frog 5 gal cloth pots. Since I had my air pump still there, I ran a air hose to bottom of root balls on 4 of them, can’t hurt, right? Hey @peachfuzz I finally think I have your rdwc straight in my head, Will know for sure by weekend.

1 Like

Dude you still using remo ? Im
Loving the line
Sorry to hear aboutvalm the issues
Just found your thread bro

Yep still using Remo on my soil plants now or of my other 5 gallon buckets they will be recirculating system by the weekend I’m using maxi bro maxi bloom palette news trying to keep the room clean

Nice :+1: bro im following

The reason you had issues with the airoponic tote set up was because the pump created to much heat… :wink:
That’s why with my rdwc totes I only run pump for 30 min 4 times a day… the pump that I use circulates 80 gallon an hour and my totes only hold 17 gallons when full… so there’s plenty of circulation… :wink:
:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice Lil tidbit

I DID IT! After looking at your rdwc a dozen times and still not getting it, I made one today. Now if the silicon will dry fast enough, cuz the uniseals I used needed tweaking. It was quite the mess, water everywhere but my floor is clean now. Next question…I thought I needed to keep the water circulating 24/7, and use Air bubblers in bottom of the cooling bucket ??

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice clean Lil setup!
I’m thinking hard on a fog ponics tote.
With ph perfect nutes so maybe I could squeeze 5 days out of town.
:v:

2 Likes

She’s up and running and appears leak-free I have been thinking on this for the last year, lol

4 Likes

Great job bud, hope it works flawlessly

2 Likes

Holy crap buddy… you move way to fast… it’s a good thing tho… :wink:
Ok… I’ve built a similar set up like you have… the problem your going to have is just like running nft… in other words , the first plant will eat all the nutrients and the roots will be freezing… second plant will slowly starve but the roots will be happy… 3rd plant in line will have major nutrient problems and will eventually have root rot do to water temps… they will be fine for the moment , but we need to change a couple of things on your system to get it dialed in… :wink:
I need to get to bed but I will get you some info tomorrow to help get you squared away… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can see what you are saying, would do the next one a bit different, but had to use parts I had right then and improvise. Keeping my water temps low enough appears to have doomed me from the start prior to this. Hopeful this is fixing it.

2 Likes

Finished dialing her in, I hope. pH 6.0. ppm at 500. Used MaxiGro powder, silica, calmag, hydroguard. They all are clear, so I hope water will stay that way. I put a 1 gallon paint strainer over the entire water pump. Man it is clearing all the stuff out of water. Will rotate three 2 liter ice bottles at a time, so no more too high water temps, was 68 degrees last night.

4 Likes

17 days later the plants seem to be doing ok. Using three 2 liter frozen bottles at a time and change them twice daily. Res is running super clean, ph stable, ppm at 800.

5 Likes

Old unit petered out, can’t stand it no more. Gotta make one again, got the fever. Got my idea in my head, think I just need 1 1/2 inch bulkhead fitting to connect each container together somehow that they don’t leak. @peachfuzz can ya help me keep it simple :hammer:

1 Like

I run 6 plants in 27 gallon tote… that way there is only 2 pipes going in and 2 pipes going out… that way there’s not a lot of opportunities for failure…
Also all of the roots are the same temperature and no one plant can eat all of the nutrients…

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like