Hydro miscalculation

Don’t really need help. I just want to vent a bit. My hydro system was going very well except for a couple of mistakes.

1. Let my plants veg too long. Not they are up too close to my lights. Sigh. Not much I can do here but ride it out as best I can and super crop the colas that are too close.
  2. Massive root ball slowed flow of return water to the control res enough to cause a problem. I was using a 800 liter per minute pump to send water to the grow stations via a 3/4" hose. Proved to be too much coming in with passive return 2" PVC line. With massive root ball the “out flow” was to the point I got a small leak near the input hose. Not a problem. Dropped levels a tad and switched over to a 400 LPM pump.

Live an learn I guess. Next grow I already have the corrections to my problems worked out. I will just have to finish up on my Super Lemon Haze and Purple haze plants then make the adjustments.

I used STS to get some pollen from a Purple Haze clone. STS was easy to make and use. I have a ton of pollen pods on the treated plant. Plan is to mix 4:1 with flour and store in small test tubes in the freezer. Thanks to others for sharing their projects.

Growing NEVER gets boring that is for sure!!

7 Likes

You have any pics? I’m asking cuz I’m sure you can top them and they’ll be fine. @AAA I’m not 100% but didnt you top your tall ladies that were getting to tall for the backyard?

1 Like

Oh we are past that now!! :rofl::woozy_face:
Posting pictures might force ILGM to ban me in disgust!! Seriously I will pull good bud out still. Along with monster plants I have monster colas, but the high growth is blocking light so that is more of the issue. I added some light and am content to ride it out. Thanks @Beezy745 for the suggestion though.
Always really appreciate the great folks on this site.
:clap:

2 Likes

I missed my flip date by about 2 weeks and now I’m in the same boat so to speak. Probably gonna have colas on the two sativa dominate hybrids that might need to be super cropped a bit after stretching. Will that be okay a few weeks into flower. I’m really worried about stressing the plant that late in the game. Definitely don’t need Herm around…

1 Like

Honestly I’m not sure but maybe @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Hogmaster might have a solution.

1 Like

Thanks, but no worries. Not trying to hijak someone’s post. It was originally a ‘venting’ post to begin with. I happened to have a similar situation, and was sharing the venting. Lol

1 Like

My bad lol you’re right tho sorry @Reticence

1 Like

Is it weird that I want to see it more now?

6 Likes

No cuz I do too! Lol

3 Likes

It didn’t happen if we can’t see it

2 Likes

No worries! Let the vent thread be open to all who suffer!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

suggest you bend them over as fast as possible. this will stop the burning tips and give you many sites for cola production.

1 Like

Any images so that one can see it so one can really understand whats really going on with them. It’s not possible to say anthing like that!!