Hydro Manifold - Good Times in the Garden State

@MattyBear thanks :upside_down_face:

@kaptain3d welcome aboard!

@Arrow this round im going to do 8 mains again, this time with a focus on not breaking any of my mains in veg :sweat_smile: as well as trying to maintain a more healthy VPD and reservoir water temp. The goal is do do a little better than the last grow, trying to get a solid lb of smoke ables off this one!

8 Likes

Im putting together plans for a 4 site recirculating system with an external res tank. This probably won’t come together until the end of summer, but the long term goal is to learn to clone and use the single DWC for mothers and the companion RDWC for clones…

1 Like

Turning on the HLGs really makes a temperature difference! 10 degrees increase, from 60 to 71…won’t need to worry about heat during the day…now to tackle the RH. 2 months ago my basement was moist as hell, now its dried up significantly. We’re talking 65% down to 30…im probably going to get a decent sized humidifier for the tent, and possibly an inkbird controller to help manage the RH

4 Likes

Here we go again!

Hey @thedeernad can you run over how this thing works again I’m getting a bit more Intrested on how these dwc and rdwc things work.
Does yours just have a large SS tank full of water that has a bubbler in with a hole in the middle and the clay pebbles.

Does the water have to sit at a certain level?
How does it work until the roots grow down into the water?
What’s the goal for the bubbles besides add air to the water? Does it need to make mist and splashing to promote root growth.
I know you have some pics laying around so maybe we can get lesson on how this all works.
It’s my learning gap. In cannabis but there are so many different setups so trying to understand.

2 Likes

@Nicky the box holds avout 8 and a half gallons of water (less as the root mass grows larger), the 2 lines going to the tank take air from a pump to airstones that supply constant oxygen to the water. It also mists the net pot which hangs in the lid and supports everything. Water level as well as pH and PPM will fluctuate in the tank quite a bit, fun to play with and get dialed in!

2 Likes

That sounds annoying lol

1 Like

Once it gets stable it’s actually a lot easier to maintain, in my opinion, than soil grows that I’ve done outdoors :sweat_smile:

1 Like

c

6 Likes

Had a hard time containing myself at the store

4 Likes

Haha same here. Went to 3 Meijer and finally found them ND when I did. They had 12 quart size wide mouths. Took every ounce of me not to just buy them all :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I imagine so with all those it’s scarce here over jars

1 Like

I went with AN PH perfect conn. line and in my DWC I do not have to check any of that so totally hands off other than adding a gallon of nutes. Just thought I would throw that out there for @Nicky

3 Likes

Shoot cannot even find them at any stores here they keep telling me it’s cause of Covid!

3 Likes

It’s a supply chain issue, whether coming from China or Mexico. There are bidding wars going on in the Pacific rim for shipping containers (major shortage) and a shortage of trucking once these containers hit the states. It’s a nightmare moving goods around the world currently…an issue hardly discussed in the news.

When placing an order in China, normal time frames to receive goods in the states was 6-9 months on average…it’s considerably longer now without major up charges. High demand goods are being flown out of there which increases sell prices two to three times higher than normal. It’s nuts…

6 Likes

Oops had the timer switch on the time controller side of my surge protector on the off position…gave the poor sprout 24hrs of light yesterday! Luckily I caught it last night right after lights should have gone out and corrected!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be issue. I ran my light 24/0 for first 2 weeks last time. Then I stepped down to 18/6. This time I started same way Although trying 6/2 this run now for veg.

4 Likes

Looking good, the 1st leaves are growing steady!

8 Likes

9 Likes

@Joshmcginnis28 6/2 huh…interesting. May have to give that a go in the future…

6 Likes

Oh I’m sure it’s easier then soil but not autopots.
Hydro and aeroponics are better for growing then coco autopots but then you have all this waste water to deal with.

You definitely get huge yeild with hydro and setups like yours.

Those big Mason jars on the top left I want, can’t find em. In canada at Ant decent price

5 Likes