Hydro issues, leaves curled

Leaves are all curled n twisted. Using general hydroponics nutes in 5.5ph water. Anyone know what the issue is? Ty!

The plant is in soil? pH should be ~6.5. 5.5 is going to cause problems.

2 Likes

Um I said it’s hydro…

1 Like

Even for hydro 5.5 is a bit low. What r the ppms and whats all in the nute mix now. Tru and get the ph up to 5.8 and try and stiick in thay region. Also temps of water will play a huge roll in growing hydro. Water temp must stay below 69 to 70 usually at about 67 to 68 is good temp

You need to fill out a Support Ticket and be as complete as possible. Likely a root issue but need to see your setup and parameters.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Room temp around 73-75. Don’t really have a way to make the water colder, but usually water will be a little less warm than room temperature. It’s just in a big plastic jug with a air stone in the water. Was doing so great n grew in believably fast, but water ran low and I refilled it but looks like this now. Instructions I read said 5.5ph as solution goes up in ph over time as plant uses it. Ppm about 570

It will jump up over time as nutes are being used by the plant. Best i can say is get the ph up a bit if u can check water temp do so nif it is warmer than say 68 drop some frozen pop bottles filled with water or the hard plastic blue ice packs. Something that wont melt and up the ph. If u use ice cubes the ph will raise with the cubes melting. If u stick the ppm meter in the tank now whats the reading in the res tank now ph and ppm

1 Like

Another thing if ur nutes r in the bucket with the plabt try and always keep the watwr kevel an inch to 2 at most from the net pot the plant is in.

Damn fat fingers.

Can u edit or re say please? I can’t figure out what u meant. I have the fat fingers too so I understand! Lol. As far as ph n ppm currently, it’s 1073ppm, which is a lot higher than what I put in. Water level is lower now though n temp 76F. Ph is 7.2 again way higher than when I put it in. See my problem? Ppm n ph goes up as water is drank down

Are u saying the net pot should be 2 inches from water level or at least 2 inch of space between roots n water level. Or I should keep filling water everyday to keep that 2 inch space? No clue what yr taking about here as I never seen or read about anything like that

1 Like

Sorry water level should be 1 to 2 inches at most below net pot. Roots will b fine in the water just leave the 1 to 2 inch for oxygen and have an airstone in there. Only thing i can think is if u r using tap water also thats not been dechlorinated as the chlorine evaps the ph rises also. Try and fill buckets 2 days prior and leave sit out in the sun to evap the chlorine unless u have ro systen. Ro water or distilled will be best for anything hydro as it contains no chlorine and no chloramine and no minerals u add whats needed to the water. There is a advanced nutrient line out there ph perfect supposed to be set for hydro and mediumless grows. Maybe check into that if u cannot seem to get it strait but having water in the bucket that warm is not good for the roots. Do u use hydro guard also??? Real good for preventing bad stuff from happening in the bucket. Not expensive either. If u have a hydro store or a store that sell cannabis stuff u will find hydro guard there. And probably cheaper than online. Keep me posted im watching. Oh ppms going up did u change the water and add fresh or did u just add to the mix. Adding to a mix that has a ph thats off will throw off what u add to it also. One last thing might help a bit is to take a bucket that the roots will fit in and fill it wit water say 2 gallons and 2 cups of peroxide. Soak the roots for 5 to 10 mins in that pull out rinse off good with plain water and then soak again. While soaking clean the bucket and get fresh nutes mixed up and ready to go and watch the ph everyday once or twice a day if u can and adjust if the plant eats food the ppms should go down. If its only taking water the ppms wont move my guess is ppms will go up as water level goes down. Might wanna do the root soak yo make sure they r clean and ready for new fresh nutes. Remember to make sure to fully rinse the roots before u get them back into the nutes. Never get peroxide in the mix with nutes as it will kill the good beneficial bacteria the plant needs. Just a good rinse with a shower hose or sonething to make sure no peroxide is on them ifnu have it in rockwool soak that in the peroxide water also to make sire no funky buildup there either. I do the root soak whenever i did a changeover keeps from root rot also. Monitor temp of water often too and use frozen ice bottles if need be to keep it cool. The lights warm the water alot. Make sure no light gets to the water either

Wow, that is A LOT! Lol thanks. I do de chlorinate water by letting sit out a day in a gallon jug. I add nutes and ph adjust as needed. Usually much isn’t need after adding nutes though. Never heard of hydro guard. What’s that do? I tiny bit of light has gotten thru the cracks on top. A little algae in there. I did change the water. Instructions said to change out water every week. I wasn’t though. I let it drink up most of it b4 I did n one time it got almost completely empty, it has struggled since then but man it sure did grow fast for a while. I guess things have been adding up over time so what I was doing seemed fine at first?

For this part, what percent peroxide? It comes in various concentrations n don’t wanna burn my roots!
Idk why plant would only be taking in water n not nutes.
Good idea about ways to cool water. I have a bunch of frozen gell packs like the kind they give you to keep swelling down. They should work right?
Thank you for so much detail!

1 Like

Yeah at the beginning stages its ok to go 10 to 14 days but as it grow u wanna do a change atleast once a week by flower atleast 1 time weekly. If roots look good skip the wash part if u feel they might have build up soak them it wont hurt either way . peroxide water is not bad for the roots like that its h202 oxygenated water basically at high pressure i believe or close. But 3% 1 cup per 2 to 3 gallons should be good. Ull see little bubbles coming from any slime or fungus stuff if u can move roots around in solution a bit. Just be sure to thorough rinse the roots before u put back in bucket with nutes. Hydro guard is this. U should get some and add asap. Dont forget if u need to cool res use ice bottles so nothing is melting in ur mix

1 Like

Did the peroxide wash n refilled water n nutes. Looking better where new flowering sites are. What about older, damaged or yellow leaves, should I remove any of them. It’s an auto flower so I don’t wanna stunt it more but idk. It won’t have much leaves left on it if I take em all off

1 Like

If they r real bad yellow dry and crispy i would they r not doing anything. After u take them off u will probably start to see all the smaller leaves start to get bigger faster too. How gar along and aito or photo again i dont remember i talk to so many ppl on here

It’s in its first week of flower almost to 2nd week. It’s a sour desiel auto

If you use peroxide it will kill the hydroguard too. I’ve had good luck with compost tea (aka, bio tea, bennies tea). Also stretches the hydroguard out because it’s multiplying when you brew!

What I would do for a gal worth: Worm castings (1 handful crammed in a sock or something to keep it contained), hydroguard (15 ml), small scoop myco+, 1/2 tbs unsulfered blackstrap molasses. Use a bubbler for 48 hrs in a dark, cool place then store in the fridge in jugs. Note that if it’s been a couple weeks in the fridge and it smells bad, it’s bad and you don’t want to use it! Usually will be fine for 2, maybe 3 weeks…. Can scale the proportions to make as much as you need.

I use this with a homemade RDWC system. When I mix nutes (about 10 gal liquid per change with my current setup), I use about half a gallon bio tea after adding and mixing everything else, the and add a cup or two later in the week as needed (keep in mind it’s nitrogen rich, and you can have too much of a good thing with bennies!). Makes your water and roots smell like sweet, clean, dirt. It also helps with ph stability! In soil, you don’t have to use it as often or as aggressively because it will take hold in the soil.

Grew a new plant. Peroxide works great but after you do it, do u cuts off roots with root rot? A bunch of new white roots grew after I used it but brown ones never came back. Plant looks better as it’s not getting worse n new roots grew just not sure what to now.