Hydro in a solo cup or a "party cup"

I was think this morning on my in to the shop, if the solo cup guys and grow decent buds how about hydo in a solo or a 16oz party cup… ( I got from party city some 16oz cups) run the rules the same just use a solo or 16oz cup and do a hydroponics set up in it. In going to see what I can round up and put together and try… any other takers… :+1::wink:

1 Like

Hello, Im new to this sight but ive been using a deer park water bottle for my net/mesh pot. I’ve been trying to start off as cheap as possible to see how much i like this hobby.

2 Likes

Change that out for the solo and your golden pony boy

No disrespect at all, but why wont a water bottle work?

1 Like

It will! But does it count for solo cup challenge?

We can just keep it to a solo cup. I’m going to set a few things up tonight, to see what can work.

1 Like

No it doesnt but im a trendsetter so behold the water bottle challenge.

2 Likes

I’m in. I have a ww clone living in a mason jar that I’m playing around with. Just started to reveg last couple days. I’ll put it in a cup.

1 Like

Won’t let me edit my other post but I transferred to solo cup. Let the games begin!

1 Like

Does coco count? Technically a hydro substrate…

1 Like

I’m got to try the full set up , air stone , drain , and water from the cooler. I put a few things together last night. More tonight. I’ll post pics.

1 Like

All inside the solo cup or using cup as net pot?

Inside the cup.

If they can do it with dirt , just use a rock wool on top then let the roots go into the cup. Or something like that.

2 Likes

These crimped hoses tick me off but slucket. Pat. Pending

3 Likes

My air stone will be in tomorrow. I have an old GH air pump that should do the trick, … I’m thinking 3 gallons in the bucket :thinking: or more, need to keep the pump going to the Active Aqua… it’s been running for 10 or 15 mins now and all is good. Can’t wait

1 Like

The cup has no leaks , the water on the sides is from filling, and clay stones will fill the gap.

2 Likes

I have a chunk of abs black plastic I’ll cut out and cover the top for support and to block out the light.

I kept mine the size of a solo cup and used a shot glass solo cup as the net pot

Bit larger than a solo cup… @Onelow51