HYDRO-How's Your Math?

Thanks guys! I will be trying to come up with enough to get started with something . I’m gathering CFL’s and drawing up plans for a room.

After getting everything dialed in with the environment, using soil, I’ll get in the water bucket.

Payment confirmation on 10 Blueberry autos this morning!..

2 Likes

Nice bro I’m happy for you can’t wait to see what you come up with I’m here if you need help.

1 Like

Update… switched to 12/12 2 weeks ago. changed lights w/ MarsHydro 600, added 2 of them. Increased ppm to 800-900. Using nutrients= Envy A B, keeping sterile with peroxide in solution. Girls have grown 8-10 inches on 2 of them; 1 clone, 1 from seed. Both at 24 inches tall now. Seed plant is White Queen that survived root rot early on and now with root ball too big to get out the hole in bucket. It is growing roots and vegging bushy BUT, IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS AND IT HAS NO SIGN OF BUDS STARTING ON IT. 2 other plants with it are progressing and budding nicely. Wondering if I should add bud bulker despite Envy A B nutes are supposed to be all they need. The plant is drinking over 1/2 gallon daily in 4 gal of solution. Buckets are hyper oxygenated cuz of high temps. Also using Neem Oil and some Lady Bugs for fungus gnats.

2 Likes

Here is my first tries w hydr0.

To give you my take…

The plant uses whatever minerals it want or needs. Without meters to individually test each mineral; There is no true answer to your question.

however; I guarantee you that the plant used ppm of minerals from your water and your nutrients.

Happy growing! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I never would have made it this far without this forum. Then just when I think I am getting somewhere, another problem, and back I come to figure out what to do. From over-fertilizing, light burn, root rot, and bugs, I had no chance without yall guys and gals.

1 Like

2 Likes

Had to rearrange the plants cuz they were getting crowded. My clone plant got her first LST.

1 Like

just a thought .you mite want to raise ,that air pump up off the floor in case of power outage .or it can back feed your nutes into the pump.
Hammer .

2 Likes

always use check valve because if water does flow back it starts a siphon action which will drain res

@Hammer. @Donaldj. Appreciate the tips. I know my set-up is kinda disorganized. You know how addictive Hydro is. Ya start with a Walmart single outlet air pump and end up a mess as you add more and more cool stuff.

2 Likes

I started close to same way with a smaller pump 4" round stones single plant buckets had a pump drain a bucket almost kill my lady which took days to recover lesson learned. airflow restrictions from root mass was reason I went to bigger pumps and more stones sure they boil water at the start but as the roots start to grow right around them the issues rise inevitably each problem leads to a damn I should’ve thought of that moment. Your system will get more and more elaborate with tweaks and improvements my next 2 big ones are commercial pond pump which will run all my units at once and recirculating or external res so I can change res even during lights out and keep nutrient temps cooler :wink:

4 Likes

On a side note, was drinking morning coffee yesterday and I noticed the coffee filter was same size as my 3 3/4 net pot. A tiny light bulb went off above my head… in went the filter, and filled with coco Cori. Damn if the whole contraption didn’t Fit perfectly into last night’s quart size container of Chinese food. So I dropped a magic Bean in and put it in my veg grow box. I will be running a coco coir DWC soon.

Haven’t had airstones grow into roots yet. My problem is w res changes. Used to just lift net pot out of container with roots and all. Now 1 of girls has root mass too big to get out.

Be careful with Coco in dwc it’s said you can’t over water it but same is said about rockwool and many over saturate it leading to damping off stem rot and root rot lecca is old reliable though coarse coco should work nice in theory

I use a hose and pump or simply siphon out my res though a drain plug is always a good idea I just worry about leaks lmao

Hadn’t thought of using a pump. Bought a hose with a bulb to squeeze but it did not work well. Haven’t changed bucket nutes in 2 weeks, just adding 1/2 gal ph’d water daily for this one. And the occasional nutes.

doing so much with soo little,for so long @FloridaSon we ought to be able to do anything with nothing by now!!lol recycle building materials is how i am building my greenhouse lean to.

2 Likes

@bryan,

As @Hammer said and safety sake, you should really pin up those wires off the floor :scream: