Hydro grow and one is much smaller

Plants are 15 days old.
One plant started to get slightly yellow…added micro to the mix…now three.have yellow baby leaves. ph is 6. Also…should I be concerned over moss on waterfall nozel? First time grower.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks! Don’t know specific hydro farmers off the top of my head. But I know people who would. @dbrn32 @PharmerBob @Nicky @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @ConcreteBudz

5 Likes

The cots are going to yellow off and die anyway, their purpose is to feed plant while root systems are developing.

I wouldn’t let get much higher than that. Probably best to keep around 5.8. What is ppm of your solution?

Not necessarily. The algae is growing because it probably stays wet there and light hits it. You will probably have to clean eventually to keep from backing up. If it wasn’t wet all the time or light wasn’t hitting it the algae wouldn’t be as bad.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 has you covered on your concerns so far.

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed----The ones in the hydro are Goldleaf…soil is skywalker OG

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF–Hydro for Goldleaf…soil for Skywalker

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: Buckets for soil…45 gallon totes for two plants…so the system has three 45 gallon totes

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) PH is 6

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: PPM is 1002

Indoor or Outdoor: In a Greenhouse in So Cal

Light system: Sun during day…King LED during night—just started the night light because of not getting 18 hours of sun

Temps; Day, Night: 80’s in day…60’s in night…

Humidity; Day, Night: Running misters every few hours for a few minutes during the day to get humidity up.

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: No…but I have a water wall that kicks in to help cool the room…and a swamp cooler that I have not used yet…because the temps haven’t called for it.

Co2; Yes, No: No

Water temp is 80. I know I will need a chiller…

[/quote]

1 Like

They are NOT autoflowering…

1 Like

Watching, Love hydro

1 Like

Hello…can you look at my answers. Any obvious issues?

One is super big compared to others…bottle of nutes to show height. Should I be concerned with how tall they are?

2 Likes

It might do you some good to get more lighting. I’m pretty sure that one light is not gonna be enough.

Looks like your plants are doing some stretching due to the lack of light.

Absolutely not. Plant are like people, they grow all dif. sizes, even though they are the same strain.

Do you have air stones in your totes?

And lastly, db already answered your question up there. :point_up_2:

Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@spyonyou

Looks like your plants are doing some stretching due to the lack of light.—Hmmmm…they are in a greenhouse…which gets light most of the day…the light is to supplement at night…Yeah…may have to get another. I have 1000 w led…some peoples lights are colored…mine is just white…did I buy the wrong one??

Yes…stones in all of the totes.

1 Like

Well then, now that you ask, @dbrn32 is the light expert around here.

If you can tell us what size footprint you are working with there?

Also, would you happen to have a budget for lights?
In my opinion, lights is not where you want to be cheap. You will literally double you total result with good lighting.

Top feed is not necessary after roots hit the water. Make sure to maintain a 2” gap between the netpot and the water and you should be good. I would get something and cover your hydroton. That well only promote alge with it uncovered which could be bad for your stem.

2 Likes

White light not a problem, this is pretty much the new normal with leds. They do look a little stretchy though.

1 Like

Is there a way I can stop them from stretching?? More light?? This is my first grow.

2 Likes

Maybe. In my experience plants are a little more stretchy outside anyway. Or this could be your greenhouse covering being dirty, something shading plants for portion of the day, or anything like that. I’m pretty limited on growing in greenhouse, so im not 100% sure of what to expect.

1 Like

Well if it’s being pumped from the same Rez , the light are even then is just genetics, just a tall dude

1 Like