Hydro does and don't hydro for dummies

Thanks @Donaldj forgot you were a soil guy too. I will definitely be picking your brain.

I will be using a submersible pump to drain res or attached drain tap and filling system with same said pump and sliding lid slightly to one side to make opening. During my last hydro grow I connected airstones to basket and simply transferred entire net pot a fresh bucket with new nutrients in it

2 Likes

Ok guys @Aquaponic_Dumme you probably no better but I want to use flora duo since I got it for free whatā€™s a good starting rate for seedlings when first transferring.

I learned in soil and evolved to hydro as far as I am concerned any grower should try and learn many systems before settling on one and hydro is for us OCD buggers that want to know and control every step :wink:
http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraDuo-REC_03216am.pdf

5 Likes

@Donaldj Iā€™m gone get there my friend just give me some time to get my traveling schedule behind me and Iā€™ll be better suited to get it started for the hydro grow , plus itā€™s just wasted money if I donā€™t used it all right . But Iā€™m gone need more vertical room for hydro I know so an upgrade gone need to happen .

1 Like

lol I just built my grow space itā€™s 48" to my lights giving me around 30ā€™ from floor I still will be going to hydro

1 Like

Right @Donaldj I been following your engineering from the ground up , and man I salute you great job , but with a 5 gallon hydro water farm I think I only have 24 inches from the top of the bucket to the lights unless I make some changes and take my ratchet ropes off and hang straight from the tent support bars which I might have to do in this grow , but if I can manage this grow in the stretch than Iā€™ll be able to do hydro , but Iā€™m Bi-polar , OCD , ADHD , and all them others Dā€™s mind sick , but when I loose control over something I get frustrated and want to quit , so the only way is to face it and get after it , but Iā€™ll be following your thread and figure out what I can used from your expertised and apply to my growing ability .

3 Likes

Thanks guys for the input so I just figured out my high dollar Hanna meyer wasnā€™t calibrated glad I figured that out right now.

2 Likes

Ok @Donaldj if I use peroxide in my resivoir can I use hydroguard Iā€™m thinking itā€™s one or the other

@Usmcjojo .you must use only on or the other at a time . the peroxide will kill all microbeā€™s good and bad . peroxide is like a disinfectant . But the hydrogaurd is like yogurt . positive microbes .
Hammer .

Hydrogaurd is bacteria and would be targeted by h2o2 same as any other organic matter so it would be counter productuve using both not to say you canā€™t treat with h2o2 and follow up with hydrogaurd
http://www.botanicare.com/Hydroguard-P194.asp

Thanks guys I figured that I guess just need it reconfirmed.

Thought i said that .LOL
Hammer .

was writing at same time I guess you posted while I was looking for product reference link

1 Like

Strawberry Kush from last grow

5 Likes

Not all hydro systems are the same do your research!!! I didnt do any and it cost me also NFT is not for your first try.

1 Like

OK so update on NFT if you are patient and wait for your seedlings to establish strong roots you Iā€™ll see explosive growth in NFT. If you transplant a seedling with small roots then you must treat it like a clone put a humidity dome over it and wait.

3 Likes

I have been following your progress for a while now and you have been doing a good job with the NFT. Now that you have a good root system started, you are set!

1 Like