Hybrid light set up questions - HID/LED setup

A lot of people jumped on the LED train without doing their homework, the plurple’s were cheap, confusing, n their wattage claims, n how much area they actually covered. @beardless, shows a great example of the claims cheaper LEDs put on their packaging. U would have to do ur own research to discover what he just explained. Sounds like ur close to deciding on what fits ur situation, by all means heed his advice about the Samsung 301B diodes. They r the bees knees at the moment, high quality, with clear information on what these diodes do n how they do it. Lighting is the most important n expensive item u’ll face n putting ur rooms together, again get the best u can afford. If ur close, money wise between a pair of lights one being superior to the other, but r a few bucks short on the better light, I would wait till I could buy the better light. Quality shines through n the long run, always. Try not to rush things, sit back n burn one before making quick decisions that may come back to bite u. Good luck u’ll b up n growing n no time. :+1::+1: Will keep watching to help anyway I can, this is the most asked question on the forum, plenty of help here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused::alien:

1 Like

So for the hps lights i think im going to get 2x VIVOSUN 600W HPS MH Grow Light Wing Reflector Kits. They will cost me around $250, and i would like to spend only another $400 on lights. Im still clueless on the 2 LED lights but from all the reviews online the bestva, even tho they are a sketchy chinese company, seem like the best value.

the Pro-4000 is jus a little out of a price range because i would need 2 of them, and thats like $800 compared to the bestva which is around $500 for 2

`

I actually have a Bestva Elite 600. I use it in combination with another 125W blurple over a 2x2.
Good luck

My set up will flower 22 plants but I have a unusual set up and I use an aggressive feeding program along with high stress trainng as well. But in return I cash in harvests like this last one that landed me 5 lbs off of only 4 plants.