Huston I think I have a problem

Nope, not the time for a transplant, give them a couple weeks to fill up the cups with roots first. More roots = less stressful transplant for you and the plant.

This is how my plants look on the day I transplant out of solo cups

3 Likes

Take a look a my new journal thread when you have time please

1 Like

JD01-
Looks like you are on your way! Regarding your light height. The manufacturer should have suggestions in the height to hang your light. But here on the forum if you ask very nicely you can tag “Dr.Light.” In fact, I will do it for you. Just a simple @ in front of their name will do it. @dbrn32 could you please give JD01 some guidelines on hanging height for his light? I know he’d appreciate it a lot. Thank you sir. Good luck JD01! If you need something just tag me. Peace…

1 Like

You can raise your light 6-12" for now.

I would have also put some holes in lower part of those cups. And canopy temp of 72f is a little on cooler side of ideal. This combination may be the reason your cups are slow to dry out. And wet root system won’t expand very quickly.

Thanks a bunch dbrn32! Have a good weekend man!! Peace…

JD01-
You can get a lot of great information on the forum. dbrn32 knows more about lights than anyone I have come across. If you have time, look around at different growers. Also, eventually you will decide on a certain style of growing. Hydro, coco, organic, and so on. Once you know how you wanna grow, find the experienced growers who grow that way. Peace…

1 Like

JD01-
You can see what Hellraiser says but those 4 plants in the blue solo cups are ready to transplant. They look good, nice job!

1 Like

I have changed my light cycle from 24 to 18/6

@patchman @Hellraiser @GhostGrow
I set my lights to 18/6. But I’m physically turning them on and off. Do you guys know how to set them

JD01- You can go to any store and get a timer for about $10-15 bucks. Here’s what they look like. Mine has two plug ins so I use it for one of my fans and the light.

I have seen them at Walmart and any big box home improvement store. There ya go JD01. You can pick when you want them to come on. If you have a heat problem you can run your lights at night. Good luck!! Peace…

2 Likes

Check amazon also. Mine were def cheaper than 10 bucks

I got two of them. Just not sure how to set them. Turned the dial to 18 and slid the red bottom for power down to timer and nothing. Still got to manually power for some reason. Even YouTube it.

JD01-
Where did you get them? Do they have a manufacturing name/product name? Mine don’t look like that. Mine has where you set the local time, and push the little pins down for the time you want the light on (or is it off?). It also has a bypass switch (where it is automatically on). Not to hard to figure out. @dbrn32 have you ever seen any electrical timers like the ones JD01 has? I can’t see how you’d program it from the picture. Mine was easy to set up. A picture of it is in post #30 in case you need to see it.Thank you very much sir. JD we will get this figured out. Peace…

2 Likes

All of my timers look like yours. I can’t tell if his have pins or not?

i just found these power strips that you can connect to your smartphone and set individual timers for each device connected. worth a look.www.amazon.com/Protector-Compatible-Assistant-Individual-Schedule/dp/B08TR1RVQP/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=wifi+power+strip&qid=1621142712&sr=8-6

1 Like

@dbrn32- neither could I. @Nodurxshn thanks for stepping up and trying to help. I appreciate you and “Dr Light” for trying to help JD01. I know he appreciates it. I looked up those power strip dbrn32, they are pretty cool. For folks that like control of the environment from wherever they are will like those! Peace…

2 Likes

The smart timers @nodurxshn mentioned are great. There is an app and you can set a timer for each one

3 Likes

You have to push the pins up or down for the times you want it on, obviously they are all in the off position at this point so push the pin in the opposite setting than it is now for the times you want it on, turn the arrow to the current time (using a 24 hour clock), that arrow has nothing to do with how many hours you want it to run, it is the current time.

Here is how I’m looking after 10-14 days in ffof soil

This looking good?

1 Like