Hurricane Nate making landfall

We’re watching the weather close tonight. Hurricane Nate is headed our way .Looks like we’ll be on the east side or possibly the eye may pass over us. Hoping all our ILGM friends in this path stay safe. Tornado warnings have already started. It’s going to be a long night!

9 Likes

Stay safe!

2 Likes

Thank you @HappyCamper

1 Like

Looks like I’m in the clear. But Nate made a beeline for New Orleans, said he need some gumbo.

4 Likes

@70sChick. Stay safe and hoping everyone will be ok!!!

2 Likes

@70sChick stay safe! I FaceTimed with my daughter earlier, she’s in Ocean Springs, Ms. She was saying it wasn’t gonna be as bad as they anticipated but still a lot of rain and wind. Never can be too cautious.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: and prayers headed your way :pray:t2: Stay safe.

2 Likes

The wind and rain not so bad , but these smaller hurricanes love to spit out tornados and I think the east side is the worst.

4 Likes

Thanks @HappyCamper @Wishingilivedina420state @Bshmstr @Beans @SmoknGranny We’re expecting the worst weather here around 4ish am I’m hoping of course for Nate to fizzle out. It’s way to hot and humid here. That in its self causes me great concern. I’m really looking forward to winter​:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@70sChick we are on the east side of the eye a good ways away. We were holding our breath in case it changed direction at the last minute. We are just getting the outer bands and thunderstorms. Had a couple of tornado warnings but so far everything has missed us.

Hope you folks get through the night okay. I am gonna be up watching this thing. It could still move east if a front charges down and blocks its north movement. I am something of an ameture meterologist. pardon my spelling. So will be watching. Keep all of us here posted.

5 Likes

Thanks @cyberblast Keep you’re eye on it just in case

3 Likes

I’m getting very little rain here. So glad I lost both my generators in the flood last year. First time in a long time I’m not prepared like I want to be.

On a side note to get another conversation to think about, does anyone find it strange that a hurricane it almost every inch of the gulf coast this year. I don’t know just seams strange to me. Doesn’t happen to often I think.

3 Likes

What I noticed was how the media hyped Irma up to be the end all hurricane. Seriously hate how they try (and succeed on a lot of people) to drive fear into everyone. Ugh! Anyways, insomnia kicking my butt tonight.

4 Likes

Your right through.

3 Likes

I was thinking that earlier this afternoon @Wishingilivedina420state. Hurricanes have been workin it this year! I know Nate is much smaller than the last two. But the media here has been pretty low key. I find that odd

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this. Sucks at the same time.

2 Likes

@Beans I have the insomnia thing a lot. It can be very frustrating. Hope you’re able to get some sleep

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:
Got a little finally. Now I’m up here at work for 12 hrs! Ugh
I know I’ll be :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:by days end

1 Like

Hope the day goes well for you.

We made it thru without damage! Thankful for that and thankful Nate moved through so fast. Have a great day

3 Likes

Be safe tonight… @70sChick

1 Like