Humidity was at 99% overnight

My Do si Dos been drying for 3 days and the humidifier was accidently left on overnight and reached 99% humidity!! My temps were in the high 60s. I had a fan in there for airflow. Is there a high chance that my bud will get mold?

1 Like

Get the air in there moving and dry and they should be ok. From the pics it looks like you just took them down, you could always do a peroxide wash if your concerned

6 Likes

If you cannot get the hmjidity down you could experience a wealth of issues. you might have to trim back all that dead leaf matter.

Are you running any type of exhaust fan or just the oscilator in the pik? I run a dehumidifier and an 6" vortex in my humid area and it controls the humidity great.

One last thought. You say you have a humidifier. Perhaps it might be a good idea to find a small dehumidifer. They make some great portables that you can drain into a 5g bucket.

2 Likes

Sorry. I was replying a half hour ago and got a important call, so I just posted after you, even though I started this reply 45 minutes ago. :slight_smile: LOL

2 Likes

Yea I have a AC Infinity Raxial S6 6’ inline fan in the top duct of the tent. Had it on medium speed. I was able to get my humidity down this morning but I’m just hoping it wasn’t too late.

2 Likes

If you decide you need to have more humidity control, I am always willing to look up some and find you a great deal. They can be had for less than you would think. :slight_smile:

Happy growing.

2 Likes

I’m no pro but I would trim those buds now, then hang them back up so they dry out a bit quicker just because you had this happen. Just me though.

1 Like

LOL…I am legally blind and I just realized that the picture is upside down…right? Nothing wrong with that idea, but you could also trim all the dead off and give it some more time. Either way, Only the grower in the room can actually make that call.

Always a good idea to slavage what you can if you get in trouble.

1 Like

The plant was cut down. It’s drying now.

2 Likes

I should clarify. I meant to trim off the excess leaves then re hang everything, stem and all, just to maybe get these buds a bit drier cause I would be scared personally lol. Again, just what I would do and I don’t claim to be a pro. And yes it’s always up the the grower! :grin:

1 Like

It’s dead Jim.

13 Likes

Dam I just realized that was the old picture from 4 days ago :man_facepalming:t5:. Must be the weed :laughing:. This is what it actually looks like now. Just came home and inspected the buds and haven’t found anything on/in it so far. Took a sample and trimmed one. The stems are still bendy and the buds are still hard to tear off so I guess it got a few more days to go.

4 Likes

It’s all good…LOL

when I first saw the pik, I was saying to myself…"that baby is in trouble. LOL Then I went back to look at ti again, and ; Yes, now I see it is hanging, but it also looks like an upside down posted pik.

After all, you are going to get a decent yield. Next time will be better.

Thanks all. I hope we all had a good laugh. I did. Later

6 Likes

Man a couple few more weeks of that growing and that bud would be double the size. See the pistils sticking out a little sauiggly and long still. When the buds fatten up u wont see but a quarter inch to 3/8 inch of the pistils they will be receded back into the calyx as it swells up getting fatter. Hows it taste and smell??