Humidity too low

Iv got a few blu God buds and a wedding cake going in a 5x5 tent with 1000 watt hps it’s vented thru a 6 inch air cooled good amd my day temp are between 72 and 75.while the night temps drop to about 64.they look good and healthy and are in their 3rd week of flower.my question is my humidity is in the high 20s to low 30s I’m a firm believer in low humidity during flower but do y’all think this is too low

I’m not sure what proper temp is for vpd at that humidity, but would be worth checking out. If you keep plants respirating they should be ok.

1 Like

I think you’re doing great. Lower the humidity the better when in flower. It’s not proven it brings out more trichomes, but I’ve seen a few grows where tbe air is extremely dry, and it appeared they had some of the best trichomes production I’ve seen.
Welcome to the forum @Mrbudley1213

2 Likes

Thanx I’m trin and they seem to be thriving amd I love the strain it gets very frosty I just wasn’t sure if my humidity was too low

@Mrbudley1213 nope, I think you’re good. Lower the better.
Last time I had a grow in full flower I had about the same low humidity they did great.

2 Likes

If you’re watching your vpd, the proper humidity for that temp is mid50’s-low 60’s. The proper temp for that humidity would be 60F.

Probably work on getting the humidity up, rather than the temp down, right?

The last few weeks of bloom should definitely have low rh. To prevent mold & rot, at the very least.

1 Like

That sounds right. I have no idea exactly broke my phone last weekend and zero of my tools transferred to new one. 60 is indeed pretty low, you wouldn’t want w as not to trade shocking root temps to get plants breathing. I just meant to correlate the relationship between temp and relative humidity.

During flowering or during budding? And when do you consider start of flower and does that time include pre flower, if so how long is your preflower ?

Yes it is, I use bucket of water with towel in it. Works great !!

1 Like

Lowest humidity possible during flowering and budding. Not only does this help with trichome production, but it reduces the chances of bud rot.
Preflower there aren’t any real flowers. They’re just showing sex at that point. These can appear during a veg period. I don’t recommend lowering the humidity during veg. @GreenCoat

2 Likes

Yeah ok

I run high humidity all veg 70-75% with very short daily highs of 90-100%
Pre flower currently running 55-60%
Flower ill run 45-50%
Budding ill run 30-40%

4 Likes

Here are my girls they look happy what do you think

5 Likes

I believe the general rule of thumb is approximately two weeks when you start your 12/12 light cycle is considered stretch… then actual flower begins around the third week or fourth week after you changed to the 12 12 light cycle. Basically I think flower actually starts when little Buds and wispy hairs start to appear on your girls. According to my fox farm feeding schedule the stretch phase is weeks 5 6 and 7. Week 8 is when they consider flower to officially start. I hope that helps a little. Some of the pros and more knowledgeable members make correct me. Have a nice morning

2 Likes

Thank you! That confirms what I’ve also researched :+1: I concur

2 Likes

Sweet! Enjoy your grow. This hobby/meds is awesome. Have a nice morning

1 Like

It is worth noting that the exact week for starting flower is dependent upon how long you choose to veg your plants. The appearance of pre-flower pistils is also related to how long you veg.

I normally veg my plants for 45 - 50 days (about two months after sprouting) because I really like growing large plants. There are pre-flower pistils for the last few weeks before flip to 12/12.
After the flip, I totally agree with @neckNflu and @Covertgrower, the first week or two is the transition period and then flowering really starts.
@GreenCoat, your plants look great three weeks after flip to 12/12.

2 Likes

Still 4 more days until its been 3 weeks :thinking:Haha yes I count the days

2 Likes

You’re exactly right. I don’t think I ever just veg my plants for 4 weeks like the fox farm schedule says. I like to go as long as I want until I feel ready to change. When recording info in my notebook / calendar I do you need to be careful about that. Just so I don’t confuse my weeks. Cuz it could be veg week 10 or 20. Whatever you want like @Merlin44 said.

1 Like