Humidity too high

From a fellow grower:
I’m currently drying some plants I have 9 og kush fem and 6 gdp autos drying in the same room I’ve dried plants in the same room doing the same things as this time but for some reason my humidity is a lot higher than usual this time staying between 64%-66% they’ve been drying for about a week but the buds still seem just as moist as the always have I have a dehumidifier running as well as a ac unit which stays at 64F and keeps the room at about 66F so I was wondering what else can I do to bring the humidity down so my plants dry correctly and also what could be causing the higher humidity this time around? I’ve checked my filter to the ac unit n it’s clean I’ve put a extra little fan in the room but nothing seems to be working. Also I usual only dry about 5-6 plants at a time to where this time around I have 15 on the same rack drying could it help if I spread them out a little?

3 Likes

High fellow growmie, I’m curious :thinking: did you trim them up before drying? Are they hanging as full plants or cut up in single colas? :thinking: I ask because doing these things should help get your rh % down

6 Likes

Was curious about that as well but wasn’t sure how to word it👍 to make sense.

2 Likes

Sounds about right in his environment. Major airflow is critical. Keep the air moving and it should be fine

3 Likes

66゚ F Is an excellent drying temperature. 40 to 50% would be much better for your drying process. Good luck finishing up :v::+1:

1 Like

A bigger dehumidifier would help, but your ac will fight it.

1 Like

What are the room dimensions? That is a lot of plants depending on the space

2 Likes

Kinda curious what you have going on for keeping the air flowing around the drying area. Fans?

2 Likes