Humidity Question - Out of Town

Hi All,

I’m in the home stretch of my first grow (week 4-5 flowering) but unfortunately I have/get to go out of town for 5 days. I have everything on lockdown (e.g. lights, watering system, etc) except for humidity. My tent stays 35% RH with no intervention which is concerning.

Curious if anyone has recommendations for controlling RH for a slightly extended period of time while out of pocket?

Thanks!

1 Like

35% should be good keep them buds nice and tight :+1:t2:

1 Like

So many unanswered questions, but in general, If your in mid to late flower and have 35%, it may not be ideal but you definitely don’t have anything to worry about. They should be fine.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

What happens if RH is around 30% all the time?

1 Like

The plants still grow, ideally in veg you’d want your rh higher. There’s something called VPD, Vapor pressure deficit. Here’s a quick explanation why rh and temperature is important.
If VPD is too high, your plants will be transpiring really heavily. This means they’ll be absorbing more nutrients, which can cause toxicity.
On the other hand, a very low VPD will also cause problems. Your plants will not transpire, which means they won’t be able to uptake fresh nutrients, and they will develop deficiencies. So basically the idea is to get your temperature and rh within certain levels. I’ll post a chart showing corresponding temperatures and RH and where they should be if possible.
I’m not saying that this is absolute, but if your rh and temperature get to far out of whack it can slow down growth and more.

BTW Welcome to ILGM forum :+1:

Thank you! I can’t believe you responded so quick!

1 Like

I’m still having humidity issues, can’t get it over 30%, day temps 77-82 night low 60’s. Is there anything I can do to help plants take in nutes better and counter the low humidity? Thanks for helping.