Humidity levels out of control

Well guys i built a little room approx. 4x7x8. All flat white led lights exhaust with carbon filter homemade fresh air inlet with fan to pull air in. Well i tried to run a dehumidifier in the room to keep the gumidity down and woke up to find my room at 88 degree. Well i went out and got a portable ac unit because i hear that the ac unit is a dehumidifier also as it cools well not the case obviously got the temp under control now but it gets to 68 humidity. Do u think i have to run both in there or what shall i do???

1 Like

Dehumidifier produces a little bit of heat while removing moisture. The AC removes the heat, and dehumidifies.
I would run one or the other. The dehumidifier should run in the adjoining room that your room receives its intake from. That should help.

2 Likes

Yes
"Dehumidify the lung room and cool the grow area with the a/c you wont have to run the dehu full blast once you get the grow area in check.

1 Like

Ok so it pulls air from my living room area so keep the dehumidifier in my living room area.??? I wanna get this right because i have some pretty nice looking buds on 2 of my plants and i dont wanna mess them up

3 Likes

Thats a bud from each plant side by side. One indica one sativa

Yes, if it pulls from the living room, put it in there not directly blowing into the intake. It will condition the air in the room before actually entering the grow area. I just moved and I’ll have to set mine up the same way. Got anything good to disguise the vent?

3 Likes

Ty i just put up a regular metal vent cover

this is where the air inlet comes from. Its just a bathroom exhaust fan cover. Dont even see that its behind a couch for the most part.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks! I have a few ideas that are very similar. I have a hallway utility closet under the stairs I could exhaust into or intake from. It would loop through the grow space, then into the living room that’s around the corner. I think I’ll have it exhaust low to the ground on the living room side. If I can. Any seasonal reversing intake or exhaust?

I have no clue what u mean by seasonal reversing. Its all done thru my living riom so the house temps is where itll always be pulling air at.

Might depend on your AC. for summer the hot air would be towards the top. As an example. This varies with hour best type too.

2 Likes

Well its my first grow so trial and error but hopefully no errors now ive done damn good so far. Ive had minimal stress on and plant only one give me problems is the bubble bucket one ive got because of how it started out with light peeking in and getting slight rot to the roots. But the root took off great after i got a solution to keep it dark

1 Like

As a newer grower it takes a bit to get the space the way the plants like it. It’s always something, until you get to the second grow, you get a feel for everything and how it’s supposed to be. You’ll get it set, and you’ll be a growing machine.

3 Likes

Well boys im off to work for the day. Ill snap a few photos of my girls when i get home. Been 4 days since i stuck an exhale xl co2 bag in the room with the girls. Lets see how well they r looking after a few days of xtra co2. Any wise words on the co2 bags if anyone uses them or used them. Positives and negatives.

My personal opinion is that it’s a waste of money. If you have air exchange you’re sucking all of the carbon dioxide out of the tent. Anything you’re trying to gain is sucked right out. If it was a sealed room, I would see the value.
You also have to have an over saturation of light before you can add co2 to make a difference.
Proper air exchange will bring in the right amount of carbon dioxide anyways.

1 Like

Gotcha. Just threw it in as an xtra help maybe. I got.it for free so it didnt cost me anything. The bag does say that if u have a vented room to keep the bag on the floor by the i let and the fresh air will dispense the co2 around the stomata of the plant

1 Like

Cannabis needs high levels of light that most growers aren’t capable of achieving with their setups. Yields and growth rates won;t change much unless you can provide both consistently high CO2 and a lot of light.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-28-at-11.20.44-AM

3 Likes

Well i have 2 600 w growstar with cree cobs. 2 300 w dimmable viparspectre and a 600 w viparspectra with both switches. A cheaper 3k watt full spec a 2k watt full spec and a 45 w black mahic light in a 4x7x8 flat white room. In the bathroom i have a dimmable 300 w viparspectre and a 600 w growstar for the few autos i have in there. Does my room have enough light. All big lights are hanging and tye 2 and 3 k lights are side lighting and so is the 45 wat light just a side lighting helper

1 Like

You’ll really need to move to high efficacy diodes to get your light intensity up.

1 Like

So what would be good light or lights to put in my room 4x7x8. Flat white.