Humidity issues, lost on what to do

Should I get an aircon dehumidifier, or bigger exhaust fan?

1 Like

You may have said and I missed it.
But is you griw tent in a room that you could add a dehumidifier to?
And do you know what the RH in that room is?
Like I have little meters just sitting everywhere.
Hereā€™s some pictures of what I use.

My AC and dehumidifier come on as needed to whatever I set them to. And I keep the entire room at whatever RH I need my lowest tent to be. And from there with my fans on constantly.
All my tents will balance with the room, from there if I need a tent to be higher, I will slow down the fan and the tent naturally rises or if need to be alot higher I add a small humidifier and slow airflow alot. In my germination closet fir example it only runs 5 mins a day, but they donā€™t need fresh air like bigger onesā€¦

But it really hard to advise you exactly what you need with out really knowing exactly what you room looks like.

2 Likes

So I have exhaust coming out the top venting outside, and a dehumidifier on the other side of the tent

Ok I see,
So exhausted out side loses the dehumidified air that is being introduced by the dehumidifier.
I did understand that correctly right?
It exhaustes to the out out side?
Or simply back into the room?

So I donā€™t have the dehumidifier running at the moment as itā€™s 98f outside and the inside of the tent is 89f Iā€™m exhausting the hot air outside at the moment should I be doing something different Iā€™m very new to this

1 Like

I am also having awful probs trying to lower humidity so bought a aircon dehumidifier (photo attached)

There are some issues that make it more difficult

I live in a unit, walls are bloody hard concrete and I have nowhere to exhaust heat to except hallway and my bedroom. Yes I am in a sweat box just to keep plants healthy. :tired_face:

The average humidity during seedling and most of veg stage was 80%. Prior to purchase of aircon

The aircon dehumidifier works but it is 38 Degrees Celsius outside here today and I cannot get the grow rooms humidity under 63% even with it on.
So it has lowered it by about 20%.
Lowest I can get room at any time is about 54-63%

The temperature in room is on average 25 degrees Celsius when dehumidifier is on.
Ime also running a pedestal fan day and night.

Iā€™ve attached a photo of how I set aircon up as like I said I have no window outlet option.
The air coming from back of aircon is so hot it dries clothes rapidly :joy:
Iā€™ve attached a garden hose to back of dehumidifier to drain water into bathroom floor drain.
I donā€™t have any man help so have to learn to do things myself.

I donā€™t have water sitting in any pot trays nor anywhere in the grow room.

The plants on right side are 9.5 weeks since germination.
Itā€™s my first indoor grow and first with Autos so am trying to work things out.

4 Likes

Ok Iā€™m starting to gain a picture I believe so we definitely makeing some head wayā€¦

If I understand correctly.
You have a dehumidifier, so I would say this is an excuse to keep that room at a nice comfortable temp with an AC unit.

With the Temps you got, I believe it could be the all the difference in the world.

Awesome so if I had an ac unit in there aswell as my dehumidifier what should I do about the exhaust fan?

1 Like

Omg are you running that portable AC just venting out to the house?
I bet it is hot a crap in thereā€¦

Do you have a dryer hook up in your sweat box somewhere?

1 Like

Close the room up and let the fan just blow into the room.
My room is basically sealed up. Fans only move air from room to tent in the bottom vents and out the top back into the room.

This is why you hear us call our room ā€œthe lungā€.
It basically functions like a lung fir the tents

2 Likes

I am literally laying naked on my bed on a towel sweating.
Behave boysšŸ˜

Yes it is exhausting heat into hallway then into my room.

The plants have aircon, dehumidifier and 2 fans.

I should buy myself a fan shouldnā€™t I.

This aircon, dehumidifier is a good unit as it has other options also

1 Like

Those are great, I love mineā€¦ but if you could run ducting somehow to stuck it out a window, door, dryer vent, into bathroom if it has an exhaust fanā€¦ you could be laying in there naked nice and cool :sunglasses:

Thanks for the tips mate Iā€™ll let you know how I go

2 Likes

It has a vent hose thing which is quite big but not long enough to reach bathroom

Will see if I can buy some

I was in the room most of the time earlier LST plants etc

1 Like

Check out the one I bought

I love that it has a switch thing so you can adjust the height of internal fan which I have going onto plants

Iā€™ve seen people just buy the cheap dryer vent hose and tape it together to make it longer. I think the hoses for them are rather pricey comparedā€¦just an idea.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very short hose or whatever itā€™s called

1 Like

LOL, itā€™s December and where I live itā€™s currently 62Ā°F and 100% humidity outdoors. Iā€™m hoping we get a bit of dry air soon. This weather isnā€™t normal for December in my area of the South.

4 Likes

Wow. Warmer than normal here also and very little precipitation. I donā€™t see a white holiday season in our future and probably a lot of big storms mid to late Spring.

3 Likes