Humidity Issues Indoor 4x4

I cannot seem to keep my up in my space. Im between 75°-80°F and RH ranges 35%-45%. I have a humidifier on full blast, I also added my wife’s diffuser to help bring it up. I’ve boiled water and set it in there and that has worked somewhat, got it about 55% but only for an hour or so. Id turned my fans down to the lowest settings. Am I worrying too much about this? These are seedlings, about a week old. Thanks!

@UncleSam I’ll let others with more experience give you a definitive answer but I just started 4 seeds (2 Autos and 2 Photos) in a tent with the humidity between 35-45% and haven’t had an issues. When they where seedlings I used a spray bottle of water and sprayed the sides of the tents 2-3 times a day to try and help.

They are several weeks now and I want the humidity that low to fend off WPM.

2 Likes

What are you using to check the humidity? An is it accurate? @UncleSam

i have an AC Infinity exhaust fan that has a probe that is hanging at “canopy height”. I would like to believe that its accurate lol. but who knows. Should i pick up a hygrometer?

1 Like

Most definitely would want it to be lol. My 2 pennies is get a second source just to make sure,

1 Like

I’ve been using a cheap one from Amazon but just ordered a Bluetooth one so I can check things when lights are off.

Bluetooth Hygrometer

2 Likes

Yea ill do that. The thing is, about a week ago I had my tent perfectly set. Barely even ranged in temp or RH, only if I opened up the doors to water/check on them.

Let’s get @Covertgrower over

1 Like

Is that the only time that it drops?

Then, it was, yes. Now, i cant seem to keep the humidity up. Im not sure what changed or what I did to make it more difficult. One thing you should know is this tent is actually a 8x4 that i have sectioned off into a 4x4 with just a hanging piece of reflective material.

1 Like

You may wanna consider using domes thru seedling stage after that your humidity will be fine just a thought.

6 Likes

i did try that but it seemed as if it was holding no moisture. ill try again. Thanks for all of your guys help. I have yet to feel stupid for asking any questions.

1 Like

Here’s a example see how I had to push my dome slightly down in the soil to hold the moisture in, you can see the condensation.

6 Likes

As @SKORPION said, doming your seedlings and misting the insides of the domes is a great way to go. After that, IMHO don’t bother chasing humidity. I’m sure others will disagree with me but I don’t chase humidity and I’ve yet to see an issue. I’m also in a 4x4 and a 2x2 using AC Infinty in/on both.

7 Likes

Using an evaporative style humidifier will help tremendously. They work better, and produce more. I would recommend to add the humidifier outside of the tent and humidify the air the tents brings in fresh air from.
If you put it inside the tent, you’re just sucking it out. Humidity is important for rapid growth, but if you’re ok with slower growth, then lower humidity will be ok too.
You can hang a wet towel in the area and it will greatly increase Rh.

2 Likes

Yep done that too.

2 Likes

I just put the humidifier outside out the tent and it immediately helped. I dont know why I didnt think of this since, just this morning, i was boiling water and was setting it outside the tent in front of one of the intakes. I feel like such an idiot lol.

3 Likes

All good, we have thought hang ups sometimes, you just need an outside perspective to get you back on track!

4 Likes

well its very much appreciated!

3 Likes

Do you think they still need the domes?