Humidity issue driving me bonkers

So i bought an electrothermal dehumidifier because the compressor humidifiers are out of my price range at the moment, and it doesnt seem to be doing anything. Ive got fans running, but theyre not on high because ive read conflicting information about whether fans should be blowing on bud sites or not at all.

The humidity in the tent is 60% at the bottom, and 55% at the top, however when the tent is closed it can go up to 70%

Im just not sure i can get the basement humidity to drop…at least not until winter, bc then i got electric baseboard heaters, which should dry the air up pretty well.

What are my chances of bud rot if i continue at this humidity %? Can i turn my oscillating canopy fan on high? Its a 6" fan.

Bud rot is not much of an issue indoor growers get very often since water doesn’t get trapped in the buds often. It’s a bit high but you’ll probably be fine

3 Likes

Thank you! Youre my new best friend for saying that :joy:

1 Like

My whole last run (veg and flower) was @ 65% or higher RH. Just used a lot of oscillating fans and ran exhaust on full 24/7 didn’t have any issues

3 Likes

Just keep air moving as they said above and keep an eye out for a used compressor dehumidifier at least 30pt/day. I went through three of those craps I bought new before I found my 30pt used for $50. The electro thermal ones don’t really remove anything below 60% some claim 50%. but I had three of them running at once and never dropped below 55 in lung room.

Heck I just saw this one. I might replace mine. Lol. Mines old. Puts off crazy heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-Dehumidifier-DH-3019K1WG-Operations-Basements/dp/B07QY5H245/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?adgrpid=56329353336&dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrcLS4p-G8wIV9GpvBB3q3gblEAAYASAAEgJZFfD_BwE&hvadid=409929486930&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1016367&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16295240740334986525&hvtargid=kwd-310046358199&hydadcr=13568_11413452&keywords=30+pt+dehumidifier&qid=1631889977&sr=8-9

But like they said. You’ll be fine with air movement. Just won’t be able to dial in.

1 Like

At those levels you should be fine so long as the plants have plenty of airflow.

I have a fan pushing air directly through my plants throughout the duration of their lives.

4 Likes

I have two fans on my tent creating a specific airflow pattern inside. I have a fan above my canopy and one below the canopy bringing cooler air up. This moves air throughout the tent without issue.

1 Like

Thats not bad at all actually

Ive got 2 non oscillating fans…one is at base level, and 1 is mid level. They come on for 5 min and shut iff for 10 min and repeat that for 24 hours. I wasnt sure if having stationary fans on 24/7 was ok. Then i got the oscillating on 24/7 at the canopy.

You guys think its ok to turn the 6" oscillating all the way up tho?

Hey man I new but was having same issues in basement as well , what u don’t see is have 2 more fans just like the clip on u see on the side where door opens. So 4 altogether. 12 inch fan strapped to top of tent blowing down, and 2, USB 5-6 inch fans on ground level moving things around. That’s was able to bring my humidity down from mid 70s to mid 50 low 60. Non of my fans are oscillating, $ to much, got the clips off Amazon 2 for like 20 dollars not the best but hopefully will work. Hope this helps

1 Like

O yeah also took carbon filter off, that helped a lot too. Able to move more air, with filter off and not been running wide open

1 Like

Awesome man. Ill just keep the fans blowing. Cant take off the carbon filter bc of the smell, though.

I found a cheap $24 oscillating clip on fan that has been hanging up side and blowing 24/7 since august 27th without issue. It took me purchasing and returning 5 other fans to find this one, but its been a little workhorse so far. Just got to put some tape iver the led display to cover the light. Even comes with a remote lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X4D786T/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_KPAQH1JG62TN68EKFRHE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hey thanks getting bigger tent so will probably be ordering 2 of those pretty soon. Hard to spend 40 $ on 1 fan when there so much more I need. Thanks again

1 Like