Humidity is too high

My temp is running at 79*F
Exhaust fan at full speed
2 6” oscillating fans and a small dehumidifier
And my RH is at 69
What can I do?

1 Like

Do you have the bottom of your tent (assuming you’re in a tent) vents open to bring in fresh air? If you aren’t in flower yet and the plants aren’t too terribly bushy or squatty you should be ok I run anywhere from 60 to 80% through veg and then start dropping in flower. With your two oscillating fans going you’ll be ok. Now you may need to think about getting a large dehumidifier for the grow room to remove humidity. You can also run your central hvac units fan on the “on” position (located on your house thermostat) to circulate air through the house. I had to do this before I could afford a large 30 pint dehumidifier. Also if you’re in the vegetation stage you can defoliate fan leaves to help lower humidity as well.

7 Likes

Be sure to keep fans on during lights out. Temps are good though.

5 Likes

Hey @Dbpooper
I’m in early flower and just did defoliate some more to hopefully help out with that.
I’m in the Deep South and the humidity is terrible on a normal basis, and we’ve been getting rain.
I had problems early on with humidity. The room that the tent is in is essentially a hot water heater closet and does not have hvac tied in to it.
I ducted my exhaust outside and problems were way better. I’m in flower now, tho with a thick, bushy plant.
So, if I leave a crack in the door to get air from adjoining room, does it need to be heat? My animals are in that room (mud room that leads to back yard) they have a ductless unit in there. At the moment, no air or heat is running in there. Temps are very mild, just humid AF

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! They are running 24/7.

2 Likes

Can you tell me wHAT DEHUMIDIFIER AND THE RATING? wITH A PROPER dEHUMIDIFIER, YOU SHOULD BE ok. OPoooooosorry about “caps”

Does you dehumidifer have a drain? If it does and you are not draining it; it will cause high RH.

We are all here to help you grow successfully and I a, also in the South.

2 Likes

Uploading: 9842E0EE-9567-458F-97A1-8075E00BE25E.jpeg… Uploading: 2B7958EE-0D84-46BC-86A3-30CB8E38E258.jpeg…
It has a small reservoir, I empty it every other day. It’s not all the way full at that time, but more than half way I’d say.

1 Like

1 Like

Unfortunately I know all too well as I am in Okla. and constantly battle humidity. You will definitely wanna look into investing in a larger dehumidifier for a medium size room, I definitely went overkill with the 30 pint but it can bring down the humidity very quickly. I know that’s not helping nor what you wanna hear right now… I would maybe try putting a box fan pointed out of the room so it’s drawing out some of the high humid air. This could help get you by but won’t be a huge help…

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks… I’ll be making purchase on payday👍🏻
I think it’s inevitable. It’s going to be a constant battle.

2 Likes

How big is your room with the 30 pint?

Yeah unfortunately those desktop units just aren’t powerful enough to help, I found that out the hard way as well. Hope the box fan can help drop some and get you buy. Just spitballing but if you’re not running photo periods you could leave your lights on 20 on 4 off as the heat will help pull down the humidity.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

You’re more than welcome my friend.

1 Like

You’re actually not in too bad of shape according to the vpd chart.

3 Likes

Are we talking the professional series or just a bigger one? Huge price difference lol :joy:

1 Like

Is that chart for flower as well?

Frigidaire FAD301NWD Energy Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier Amazon.com this would be more than enough for your space just be prepared to battle the extra heat these dudes produce, sometimes we do one thing and have to figure out how to combat what we just added to fix the other problem lol…

2 Likes

Blue is veg, green is late veg/early flower, yellow is mid/late flower

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:
And yes… it seems to always be one thing or another! :roll_eyes:

1 Like