Humidity is not increasing

When i put my seedlings in humidity done there is risk of fungi and when i put them out ther humidity is in 30s , when i on the exhaust and fan temp. Is controllable but humidity goes down dramatically , humidifier is failing, tried putting bucket in tent no success, towels no success, what should i do , i am worried how i will maintain humidity in vegging.

Put the dome on until they get too big for it. The risk of mold at this stage is low. Really, really low. After they’re too big for the dome, don’t worry about humidity. They’ll grow somewhat faster in the right humidity, but 30’s is not going to kill them. Once they get bigger, keeping humidity down will be the challenge.

5 Likes

I agree with @DrWoo keep the domes on. I use plastic bags since that is what I had in the house when I needed them. I use them for 5-10 days depending on how fast your seedlings grow. Like the good Dr. Said use them until they no longer fit.

2 Likes

Is there any change when you are trying these things? I’m just curious about your hydrometer because I use the towel trick and it adds 10-15%. Also try turning the exhaust fan way down so the sir stays in the tent longer giving it time to get moist

5 Likes

Where are you placing the meter?

If you are worried about green algae, don’t be, it won’t harm anything and will go away once you take the dome off.

Put the dome back on.

2 Likes

If you don’t have to run exhaust fan, don’t any and all air movement drops humidity. I don’t even run mine just have 1 small 12 in metal fan strap to top of tent to help air move around when my girls are little and need to keep humidity high. Best of luck and happy growing

1 Like