Humidity control in my 2×3 tent

I’m looking for recommendations on a cheap (lol) dehumidifier for a 2×3 tent. I’m a single dad on a budget. I’m hoping not to spend more than fifty bucks. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your feedback

Good luck. All the ones i see are expensive. When my humidity gets high i just open the tent and blow another fan from a distance into it. Usually helps. But ive only used that for a few % reduction. Idk what if you have a larger problem

1 Like

I’ve done that a few times. But during daytime. During the night cycle is a little rougher.

Do you already have good ventilation? A proper exhaust fan can help with removing tent humidity.

The feedback I’ve seen on small cheap dehumidifiers are not good, they seem pretty useless. If you really need a dehumidifier, you need a good one that can reduce the humidity of the room that the tent is in.

2 Likes

I Jimmy rigged a clip on fan with a tube the blows air into the tent then I have a 12 inch fan inside the tent and a 6in fan on top of the tent sucking the air out. It’s in my bedroom. I live in a rainy State :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, rainy state, high humidity, gonna need a good size dehumidifier to do any good, probably need to add $100 or so to your budget, need something about this size or bigger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081RG8JYR?pf_rd_r=6KCAQVPW3KGJE1A5CXT6&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback appreciate it

I have used the smaller dehumidifiers in my text , as long as you zip it up it becomes a vary small space an they do work well. I bought one for 39 from Amazon… works great…

1 Like

That’s what I’m looking for :slight_smile: all reviews I’m reading say that the little ones don’t pull any moisture out of the air. It’s hard to believe in a sealed 2 by 3 tent the dehumidifier can’t pull out moisture. I’m only about 15 points out of range. Can I please get the make of your dehumidifier?

I’ve struggled with humidity but I’m growing hydro.
I ended up spending the money on a 60 pint dehumidifier and I am doing the whole room like Hellraiser suggested. It’s down now for the first time in months. Got it hooked up yesterday

1 Like

I’ve got about a 1 by 1 foot space I can put a humidifier. Not much room :frowning:

Of thisoldman found one that’s works that’s awesome.
I believe my small one is in the front yard in many pieces

1 Like

I’m looking for a small reliable dehumidifier. Could I possibly get the make of your dehumidifier where you got it?

Well… I was going to recommend the one that was given to me, but then I looked up how much a new one costs. I should thank my in-laws. :flushed:

Mine is a Haier and works great. It has settings for a timer or target RH, but it wasn’t cheap.

2 Likes

Mine was way expensive

2 Likes

Looks like the one that was given to me is about a $350 unit. :exploding_head: They didn’t need it anymore when they moved, so it came to our house.

2 Likes

I paid close to that. I had no idea they cost that much lol

2 Likes

They’re so expensive. For a good one anyways. I thought about getting some calcium chloride and hang in a bag in the tent. But no

1 Like

larry1-
You could try to look on Craigslist for a used one. Otherwise the one hellraiser listed should help. If you put a dehumidifier in your tent and you still have air coming in, you won’t get it down that way. You have to get the room’s humidity down that your tent is in. I dont know what its running, but some well placed fans will help. My AC Infinity fan (T6) automatically comes on when the humidity gets too high. Hope this helps you. Peace…

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083J36134/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MQvPFbMXTFB6S

1 Like