Humidity control and mold

My plants are very soon to finishing and IM having humidity issues. I water outside the growtent and wait for all excess water to drain before putting them back in the room. When I put them back the humidity rises to about 70% and slowly goes down to 56% over the course of four days but then its time to water again. I know in the flowering stage the plant needs less humidity and one of my plants flowers have a hint of a mildew smell although I cant see any visible difference in the buds compared to the other plants (meaning I dont see mold). Could those buds be molded on the inside?? Is this a serious problem?? How can i correct the problem while still feeding my babies??

PS I use smart pots

1 Like

How are you moving air and what is your temperature ?

1 Like

I have a 10in box fan angled up toward the canopy from the ground and my tent is 3x3. My low temp is 73 and my high is 79.

1 Like

I will most def look into that small dehumidifier I think it would be perfect! Thanks

1 Like

I opened up my tent a little to allow some moisture to escape and I added a fan to move the air more. Hopefully that will help till I can purchase a dehumidifier

1 Like

You got to get the air moving and don’t be afraid to open up your tent, unless it’s closed for darkness purposes, it won’t hurt anything and some people need it to do it to control Temps xcetera

1 Like

Okay awesome I will keep that in mind. Is there a way to tell if my flowers have already begun to mold due to high humidity? Or a way to tell if they have mildew or bud rot?? Or can I only know once I cure my buds?? Like I said one of the plants has a mildewy or maybe a more earthy smell and my other two smell like a fresh cut pineapple. I cant see any visible difference in the flowers only the difference in smell. And all three are blueberry autos from ilgm

This reminds me of some Mel Brooks movie where they had ‘Smell-O-Vision’ …lol!

( I think it was a Mel Brooks movie …it sounds like a Mel Brooks movie ? )

Rot and mold present themselves differently, do you have any pictures ?

Hahaha that would come in handy. Ill try to get a good one of the concerned flowers!

1 Like