Humidity and drying

@merlin44 I like the trash bag idea. That way I’m only dealing with the humidity in the bag. With what I’ve got set up and what I’ve been trying nothing is airtight and I’m getting humidity from the room I’m in. So I think I’ve got an idea. Since my son’s down in Oregon I can use his room which is at about 62 degrees right now and I will build that PVC framing put it inside of a 96-gallon trash bag with the dehumidifier in it and ducting out the top which I will tie. The heat off of the dehumidifier hopefully won’t raise it more than three or four degrees and with the a clip on fan blowing the humidity from the top of the box down towards the dehumidifier an out the ducting it might work. Think I can do it all for about 20 bucks maybe 25. And like you said when I’m done drying I can break it down.

my chicken scratch. Not quite sure on the size. I’m going off of my 45-gallon Tote box and doubling it to get an idea of how big the 96-gallon trash bag is. But I’m thinking 32 X 32 x 48 in high.

2 Likes

You can tape multiple bags together to make a larger space if needed.

1 Like

Gorilla Tape is my friend. It helped me put together my PVC flower tent:-). That way I can just cut the tape and tear it down. Decisions decisions decisions. Lol. I’ve got to sit down and figure it out tonight. Here in a month I’m going to have to chop down again. This time it’s going to be a lot more. I have my flower tent staggered so every four to six weeks I’m chopping something down. I guess the size box I was thinking of probably wouldn’t dry more than just a plant. I appreciate your time and feedback. I’ll tag you when I get it all figured out.

1 Like

Want To Buy Humidity!
Willing to pay TOP DOLLAR.
I’ve got Kidneys, Liver and lots of blood to sell in order to purchase some.
Hell, I’m even willing to throw in my ex wife. FREE!

List it on Fleabay and set price to Unicorn horn, Gold pressed Latnum, Chickens Teeth, 3 Wishes from a Genie’s lamp and a Leprechaun’s gold pot.
I’ll buy it in an instant!

2 Likes

@merlin44 so you mentioned a breakdown dry box with trash bags and PVC. I was trying to do one trash bag but it did not work had to end up using two. Was going to use PVC piping but the size piping they had didn’t have the right connectors . PVC would have cost me 30 plus so I decided to go with 2x2s and pre-drill holes to make it easier to break down with less stress on the wood. ( for the time being)Long story short out the door 15 bucks plus the garbage bags for 10 bucks. The box is 30 in wide by 30 in high by 36 in Long. Covered it with blankets for a little extra Darkness. Dehumidifiers inside with a little clip on fan and exhaust running out. There’s definitely negative pressure because the dry box implodes a little bit. Got a couple little holes for air flow. Also humidity and temperature are great. Thank you again for the idea

1 Like

@merlin44 by the way I’ve got my first half of experiment hanging and the second half being chopped in a day

1 Like

That’s what I did too. I chopped the top half first. Then the bottom half started growing even more so I left it alone for a few days more. I made butter out of the trim and they definitely had thc! But now of course I am stressing that I am going to mess up drying the buds!

1 Like

@Nbkl5v5 to be honest I’m a little nervous about the drying as well. My humidity has been 48 to 53 my temperature is 65 to 72 so I should be good but I feel like the outside to little drier than it should be. That’s why it’s the experiment. Make sure I get her right so I know what I’m doing with the big girl. Good luck

I think your temperature and humidity is pretty good! It’s killing me because right when I harvested it got humid again…I am in Florida and the humidity is in the 70s!! I have a little dehumidifier and fan in the closet and it was at 50% but went back up again. The weather was great for growing outside though! Now I need to research how I should check for mold…

If I was struggling against high humidity, I’d probably trim away as much stem as possible and dry on screen frames instead of hanging whole plants/branches. There are hanging mesh racks available too.

1 Like

Right try to eliminate the amount of humidity coming off the plant. I’m probably not going to hang the whole plant this time because she’s big. She’s 45 in tall 2 ft radius. So I’ll chop her up a little bit do a good wet trimming

:heart_eyes::smiley:are you kidding me … dem buds is huge … magic :magic_wand:

1 Like

How are you doin bro? Hope you and your wife are doing ok​:pray::pray::blush:…was checkin your post about heat and humidity :blush:… just chopped and washed my girls … your posts are very informative :blush:

1 Like

We are doing OK, I hope that you and yours are doing well. I plan to start a grow in the near future.
Thank you for all of the kind words.