Humidifier=humidity

Thisnis the one that I have. It has a mechanical switch on it. If you were to use it during flowering you would have to cover or remove the light. I do not use any Vick’s cartridges while in my tent :wink:.

https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-Filter-Free-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Moisturized/dp/B00F8MJXMG/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1548964521&sr=1-5&keywords=vicks+humidifier

2 Likes

As usual I thank you so much @bubblehead I did see something like this at Home Depot different brand. Actually I think it’s the same maybe with just a different brand name? Went to open the box to make sure but wife was in a hurry and we all know a happy wife is a happy life indeed. Lol Thank you thank you

2 Likes

Anytime we want to see each other succeed.

2 Likes

6l Air Humidifier Ultrasonic Cool Mist
Black for no light exposure to water also

:+1: this works with timers

1 Like

I have a very similar one that I got at lowes and I put it on a timer

2 Likes

Bought the Vicks UltraQuiet at CVS @Bubblehead . Looking up the specs I think it’s going to be too big for my tent?. Saw online at Walmart the same one for $30.00 less. And Walmart has the one you recommended. The CVS one did help with white dust problems.

I got mine from Walmart. I had mine on a timer and only ran it a little each day. Inf had to keep it running I would have a for an inkbird humidity controller.

@Bubblehead My humidity today got up to 60% with a temp set at 75 degrees with my heater. Highest I have seen it with no plants growing yet. Definitely will need it with these crazy winter temps in the desert lately. Now if I can get a controller to dial in my anxiety that would be awesome. Oh wait I have some great Indica strains for that! Lol Speaking of that my Volcano is ready and set to go! Have a awesome night

2 Likes

Picked one up the Vicks humidifier at Target. Thing works great @Bubblehead actually too good. After putting it in and hooking up the Inkbird to the humidifier it shot up to 99%. Not sure what that was about everything seems to be okay now. Maybe I shouldn’t say that. LOL. Just wanted to say thanks again

1 Like

I use honeywell ultrasonic humidifiers and an Inkbird controller

I’ve had a lot of trouble keeping it high enough for some reason, maybe air leaks in the room. At times I have to run 2 of them (misters), but the inkbird controller is as precise as you can get and also has a low RH alarm

That being said - in the summer there is just about no way where I am to keep the humidity UNDER 50% so what may happen then is either I manage to seal up the space better or get a DEhumidifier…

(an Inkbird can run both)

(ran out of time to edit)

The other thing I see in all of this is that in summer the OUTDOOR growers prolly have a lot of losses due to Bud Rot - and so far I have never run across anybody here with herb that rates better than about a 5 on a ten scale. Once or twice a friend of mine came up with some Chronic - but he said he had to drive an hour each direction to get it.

I’m more convinced than ever that only an indoor grow in controlled conditions can be truly potent, and that means positive control of:
RH (humidity)
Soil
Nutes (that can be flushed and altered for what stage they are in)
Light
Temperature
Air circulation
PH of the soil
~ and above all security, even where it is legal so that you don’t have raiders or break-ins

Where it isn’t - you have to worry about getting busted, even by a chance rumor from some idiot

On the “Get Busted” angle, if you grow indoors there is no way you can get out of it if you get exposed, whereas if a plant is found in your side yard you can always claim you have no idea what it was doing there

I run also I guess you would call a mister @FrikkinFrank off hand cant remember the brand. A member here recommended it. Can’t control it with the Inkbird though. Here in the desert we have had crazy weather so haven’t had any problems controlling humidity. Actually had to hook up the Inkbird to turn on the exhaust fan because of high humidity… Next week the temps r going to be in the high 60’s. Right now I am doing some tomato and flower seeds. Just to see if any problems arise b4 I start my first grow in March. Company coming in so can’t start the grow yet. Glad I started those seeds because they aren’t growing as well as I would have thought. Light distance issues I am thinking.

I am such a newbie at this @FrikkinFrank lol. Have 2 Inkbirds controlling humidity, temp, and exhaust. Normally I have the one Inkbird controlling humidity. The second one controls temp and the exhaust. New problem was the humidity shot up too high and I had a helluva time figuring out what to do. I had figured it out I thought because I got everything in line but realized I was by passing exhausting everything out. Had a speed controller so turned that on low and everything was fixed. Problem was it took me 2 hours to figure this out. Newbie indeed but I am learning.

Keep in mind that for Tomato’s you need to keep the air much drier than for Cannibis because Tom’s are notorious for having fungus problems. They should probably be in a totally separate room or area, and my own Belgian Giant tomato plants I plan on getting out of there as soon as the weather outdoors can support them

My herb (and several other plants) will never be outdoors though, because there’s no way to prevent them being seen if they were and because the environments they need are not at all what I have locally

With the tomato seeds and some flower seeds just testing different germination methods. Testing Jiffy pellets, Rapid Rooters, and the paper towel method. Not crazy about the Jiffy Pellets. Liking the Rapid Rooters. After research I discovered that I needed to up the RH & Temps. Have all the seeds in a dome and RH is in the high 60’s and Temps are in the high 70’s now. Should be ready to start my grow and Indica seeds next week @FrikkinFrank

Thanks. That was the answer I was searching for. mine is 58%

Fahrenheit Rules !