Humic acid, and Kelp?

Humic acid and kelp Has anyone had any experience with either? If so what were their results? I have some on the way, figured it couldn’t hurt. Will either one cause Ph issues? Look forward to the comments maybe some hydroguys would chime in as I know it’s water soluble products.

2 Likes

I use both with only good results as far as ph issues can’t say I’ve had any due to eather of those products.

1 Like

Thanks @Wishingilivedina420state, that’s what I was hoping to hear. Does it just help improve growth and nutrient uptake? I know what the sales pitches are, but what is your opinion?

1 Like

I am using Ancient Earth from Advanced Nutrients in my feeding schedule for this grow. My feeding schedule has 12 different products to it, and AC is one of them. I don’t think it is just one thing. First always is kudos to this site, and all that contribute. Then I would say (from what I have learned so far), it is not just one thing. Soil selection/hydroponics is a matter of individual choice, but in all mediums, pH is always a factor, (soil and water for feeding). A good watering schedule is close in importance, and along with that comes TDS/EC levels. (Do you take into account your temp of the water you are giving to your ladies? It can shock the plants.) ( TDS/EC levels were one of the first questions I was asked on my first grow, (when questions came up), and I didn’t have the meters to give an answer! (Again, kudos to experienced, (patient), contributors!) Don’t forget the roots! Healthy roots, and root environment, promote healthy plants! (And uptake)…Then there are the Nutrients! (Lots of personal reading and input from experienced growers will reap a good return. And don’t forget lighting! (That could very well take up the 1st thing slot). Then there is the growing environment, and temperature and humidity levels. It’s all an adventure in growing. But one of the best comments I have come across is this: "Tend to what you need to, and then let the plants do what they do best, and leave them alone! Ha! That being said, here is the difference in 12 days on this grow…! (Tomorrow will be the beginning of wk 3 in Flower). P1000822|500x500

3 Likes

As far as the humid acid yes improves growth an nutrient intake, and the kelp well plants just love that anyway .

1 Like

Hi Smilin, good job, niiice you show off he he :smiley: (Y)

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I know this was posted years ago, but I wanted to see if you had any success with the Humic Acid and Kelp?

Humic acid increases nutrient uptake. Be careful with it. I have experienced nute burn from it.

I’ve used kelp products for nitrogen before. It contains a bit of potassium, and some micronutrients (copper and zinc) too.

I would say yes, considering I am still using both of these products currently. I just reordered kelp, and I’m still using humic acid.
I’m using Jacks 321 recipe as the base nutrients, and adding humic acid, kelp, and Tribus for microbes.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks! The kelp and Humic have always been on my radar. Just haven’t had a chance to experiment with them yet. I’ll have to use them on my next grow. The Tribus looks like a good product as well!!!

2 Likes

Zeus juice from nectar for the gods is what I use , I used to just use Mr fulvic but I find they work best together ( 1/2 tsp Zeus and 1ml fulvic)

2 Likes